Easy and healthy, Chimichurri Cauliflower Steak. Crispy and caramelized around the edges, and juicy and rich towards the center…..just amazing!
Veggies are coming back in crazy new shapes, colors and textures. We have veggie noodles, cauliflower steaks and sewed is the new kale! Take that!
I don’t like to follow trends BUT I am a very curious person. Maybe too curious.. I need to know, try and test everything new. Add that healthy tag and I am hooked.
So, yesterday I made myself some juicy, roasted T-bone cauliflower steaks.
Just A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! I absolutely loved its unique texture. Crispy and caramelized around the edges, and juicy and rich towards the center. Drizzled with my favorite Chimmichurri sauce, was a healthy feast.
Cauliflower is sooo crazy popular these days. So versatile! You can bake it, fry it, mash it and even steak it! So popular that it makes it almost unaffordable, especially organic cauliflower. For weeks it was quite difficult to get my hands on a decent sized cauliflower head. Hopefully we are not going to have another cold snap and see those prices go up again.
You can serve this Chimichurri cauliflower steak recipe as a side dish or as a main and I am pretty sure nobody will have any complaints. It is out of this world! Not to mention how easy and quick is to have it ready 🙂
- 1 large head cauliflower (4 steaks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Chimichurri sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare cauliflower steaks:
- Cut 2-4 slices from center of cauliflower (each about 1-inch thick) depending on how big your cauliflower head is. Set aside remaining cauliflower and refrigerate for a different use
- Brush with olive oil each side of cauliflower steaks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 360F/ 180C.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat. Add cauliflower steaks and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Carefully turn slices over. Place skillet in the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes or until stem is tender.
- To make Chimichurri sauce, simmer water and salt in a small pan, stir to dissolve the salt, and then remove pan from heat. Finely mince all other dry ingredients and combine in a bowl. Whisk in the vinegar, then the olive oil, then the salted water. Transfer to a jar, close with a tight lid, shake to combine, and refrigerate.
- Drizzle sauce over cauliflower steaks and serve warm!