Hello Friday! It is my favorite day of the week, after all:) I am super excited..Spring break starts just after 3pm today…hooray! and we are going to Florida next week. I still can’t believe we are just about to miss another snowy day in Philly. I know! A whole week in shorts and short sleeved tops, bathing suits….sounds unreal. I will have plenty of photos (I’ll post photos everyday on Instagram, while away, Follow me!) when will be back and don’t worry, I have you covered for next week too with a delicious, juicy, meaty and super easy recipe for Easter Brunch.
Every year for Easter, I am choosing a special dessert recipe to make together with my daughter. For years, when she was smaller, I was looking for really easy, basic recipes so she can also be involved in all the steps till the end. This year I am super happy as she is older, 10 now and we can finally try something else, a little bit more advanced.
I had this Easter Chocolate Slice recipe saved for months now and finally yesterday it was its time! It is a simple, no bake chocolate slice that can be made in just 15 minutes! Perfect for Easter, as it has plenty of chocolate and chocolate eggs….who knows how many calories are packed in one slice:) All you need is some butter and shortbread biscuits for the base, milk chocolate morsels and cream for filling, Crunch Creamy Caramel Eggs and chopped pistachio on top. That’s it! No oven, just a couple of minutes required on top stove to melt the chocolate.
The result? Just have a look….
Unbelievably glossy, rich Easter Chocolate slice ready to be devoured. One bite and you will be in heaven! We had so much fun making it and by the time we’ve finished it, there were only a couple of eggs left…Don’t ask!
- 200g shortbread biscuits
- 8 tablespoons (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 bag (326g/ 11.5oz) milk chocolate morsels
- zest from 1 lemon
- 150ml cream
- 1 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 250g creamy caramel-filled Easter Crunch eggs
- Line a slice tin with baking paper. Put shortbread biscuits in a food processor and pulse until coarse. Add 6 tablespoons of butter and combine. Using your hands, press mixture into base of prepared tin. Freeze for 5 minutes to firm.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate morsels, cream, lemon zest and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and cook, whisking often, until melted. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the roughly chopped pistachios, then stir remainder into chocolate mixture. Set aside to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pour chocolate mixture over biscuit mixture. Top with Crunchy Easter eggs and reserved pistachios. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into pieces to serve.
Hope you will have a wonderful weekend!