Quick and easy, halved avocados stuffed with Greek shrimp salad recipe! In less than 15 minutes, these perfect appetizers are ready to be served.
I can finally say summer is here! Yupi!!! Just in time for Memorial Day.
I was a bit afraid we are going to have a soggy weekend but hey! someone loves us and we are so ready to kick off pool parties and fire that barbecue up! Oh, I could live forever on BBQ food. Don’t mind making it, cleaning it or anything 🙂
This Memorial weekend I am planning a seafood feast! Luckily all our guests love seafood so everyone should be happy. You know I am all for easy and quick recipes with a twist. Add fresh avocados, shrimp and Greek flavors to the mix and here you have the perfect appetizer!…with plenty of feta cheese. I included all my obsessions in this recipe 🙂
Stuffed avocados are the best! You can always make the stuffing earlier during the day and keep it refrigerated until you are ready to serve. Top generously your halved avocados and you are ready to go! I absolutely love making these Greek shrimp salad stuffed ones. They are light, healthy…so easy to put them together and perfect for parties.
Nothing better than delicious fresh food and plenty of time left to spend with your family and guests.!
Hope you will have a wonderful weekend!
- 12 raw shrimp (green prawn) peeled with tails removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 red chili, sliced
- 3 avocados, halved, stone removed
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- In a medium pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for a couple of seconds. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side until they are pink and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, toss together shrimp, tomatoes, spring onion, feta cheese, chili and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill halved avocados with shrimp salad, add some fresh coriander on top and serve