If we are talking tea, you know we are gonna have a British dish!
This is not the regular dessert recipe that is served for afternoon tea..Noooo! This dessert is a combination of some British staple ingredients, inspiration and my imagination 🙂 The result? Lady Grey Tea Berry Jelly with Vanilla Custard and Ginger biscuit crumbs 🙂
I love my tea, I really do…so what do I do during the summer when I am missing my cup of tea? I was inspired to take my regular cup of tea to the dessert level by an episode from Masterchef Australia. I don’t know if you have ever watched this show, it is very different than the US format, in a better way, I would say 🙂 Throw in a handful of mixed berries (really anything you have handy) because no one wants jelly with some berries. I love berries with some jelly, topped with some vanilla custard and to create a different texture, some crunch..ginger biscuit crumbs.
I have used Lady Grey Tea because of its citrus fruity flavors of bergamot, orange and lemon. It works perfectly with berries and vanilla custard! I hope you’ll enjoy this modern British dessert!
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- 2 Lady Grey tea bag
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 cup boiled water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ pound mixed fresh berries
- vanilla custard
- 3-4 ginger biscuits, or any preferred biscuit
- Dissolve gelatine in cold water and stir.
- Brew tea and add it to the gelatin mixture, stir until dissolved fully.
- Add the berries to glasses, pour over tea mixture and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with vanilla custard and ginger biscuit crumbs on top!