Last stop for today is in Mexic. I have never heard of anyone saying they don’t like Mexican food. It is impossible not to love it. The traditional Mexican cuisine ingredients as: chocolate, peanuts, vanilla, beans, coconuts and tomatoes, combined will produce delicious, tasteful dishes. The Mexican cuisine developed over the years, integrating European specialties like pork, lamb, beef, wine, cheese brought from Spain.
Corn is probably the most common ingredient used in Mexican food and is incorporated a wide variety of meals, including candy.
Mexican food is one of the most popular foods in the world. Tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and quesadillas are just some of the Mexican dishes that delight so many of us. Mexican recipes are spicy, colorful, and full of flavor.
Today’s recipe – Mexican Chicken Fajitas with Spicy Avocado is no exception. Delicious, juicy chicken stripes topped with spicy lime avocado and sour cream, wrapped in a warm tortilla …..so yum! and easy to make.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp jalapeño chilies chopped
- 1 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups thinly sliced Romaine cabbage
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Cut the chicken fillets into 1 cm (½ in) strips and place in a bowl. Mix together the oil, oregano and 1 teaspoon of salt. Pour over the chicken and toss to combine. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes, time permitting.
- Peel and stone the avocado and mash it roughly in a mixing bowl. Add the lime juice, coriander, chilli, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan over medium–high heat. Add the chicken strips, in batches, and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until browned. You won’t need to add any oil to the pan as there should be enough in the marinade.
- Warm the tortillas in the preheated oven. Serve with the lettuce, chicken, avocado and sour cream, allowing everyone to assemble their own fajitas.