Make this one pan dish with roasted chicken thighs and butternut squash for an incredibly easy and delicious weeknight meal!
Getting ready for Thanksgiving takes a lot of time, planning, patience and…almost everything! By the time we finish shopping, we have a look at a very packed fridge and there is nothing that screams dinner for the day before Thanksgiving.
No one wants to add one more item on cooking list or wash extra dishes just a day before Thanksgiving. Way too many things to do and just little time left 🙂
That’s why this One Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash is the perfect dish to make for dinner. Ultimate fall comfort food, incredibly flavors and really easy to make. All you have to do is toss all ingredients together, put them in the oven, set the timer and go back to all those things you still have to tick off your list.
We love butternut squash around here! We eat it through the fall in this creamy pumpkin and fennel soup, or in Thai pumpkin and shrimp soup or for the holidays in this cheesy butternut gratin. If you like butternut squash, prepare to be amazed! As the chicken thighs roast, all juices combined with garlic, sage and paprika will make the butternut squash wonderful.
Just a quick tip! Make sure you have a pan that can go from the stove top to the oven, like this one. You really don’t want a pan with a plastic handle that is going to melt or burst into flames in the oven. It is by far my favorite pan! I cook pretty much everything in it, from pancakes to chicken 🙂
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs fillets, skin on
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup figs vinegar
- 2 lb/1 kg butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cubed
- 1 bulb garlic, halved
- fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F/ 200C.
- In a large pan, add ½ tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add 3 chicken thighs at one time to the pan, skin side down and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan on a large plate and repeat the step with the remaining 3 chicken thighs.
- Add chicken stock,vinegar and paprika to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until it reduced a bit. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add chicken thighs back to the pan, skin side up this time, pumpkin cubes, thyme sprigs, garlic and orange zest.
- Roasted in the oven for almost 50 minutes, until chicken is dark golden and the liquid is reduced. Remove from oven and allow to cool down for a couple of minutes before serving.