Dinner made really easy. On the table in 30 minutes, this Pan Fried Chicken with Roasted carrots and Chickpeas is my new favorite dinner recipe.
Juicy, moist chicken breast fillets served with caramelized carrots and a bit crunchy chickpeas and a light and totally refreshing sauce, that brings everything together. Definitely my kind of dinner 🙂
The sauce is the star of this dish. Getting is right is so easy, no tricks, just good, real food ingredients. Some Greek style yoghurt (you can use the regular one you like), fresh lemon juice, a bit of extra virgin olive oil and fresh mint. Please don’t skip the mint and be generous. I was a bit reluctant to have so much fresh mint in my sauce, BUT it goes so well with all these ingredients and I promise it’s not overpowering. Just brings freshness to the dish.
Not to mention that you can substitute chicken with turkey breast and here you have Thanksgiving dinner! Talking about Thanksgiving, don’t forget to download your FREE printable Thanksgiving Dinner Planner 🙂
- 2 bunches spring carrots, ends trimmed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F/ 200C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and place carrots. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over, season with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes, until tender. With almost 5-7 minutes before the 30 minutes are up, add chickpeas too.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine olive oil, dried oregano and smoked paprika. Toss in chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Heat a pan over medium high heat and pan fry chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.Place cooked chicken breasts on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to rest.
- In a small bowl, add yoghurt, lemon juice, chopped mint, salt and pepper and mix to combine. If it's too thick, add some water to get the desired consistency.
- To serve, slice thick chicken breasts, add roasted chickpeas and carrots and drizzle generously the sauce