Silky Pear and Brandy warmer with whipped cream and chopped walnuts, a delicious sweet treat to finish an evening!
Time to rethink Thanksgiving dessert.
How does it sound…ready in 10 minutes, no bake, no cook festive treat? and fabulously looking?
It’s a GO! It really cannot get much easier than this.
I have found this recipe earlier this year during one of our trips in Canada. I knew the minute I saw it that this pear nectar and brandy….. will have a special place at our Thanksgiving table this year. Not to mention that it goes so well with the other pear dessert I have decided on 🙂
I resisted temptation to snatch that page out of the magazine and I took a photo, hoping that nothing will happen to it. Now, finally after all these months I can taste this delicious festive treat!
It can be a dessert recipe at any dinner table but when talking about Thanksgiving it is more an add on sweet treat to finish the evening. It is so silky and it screams fall through every bite. A decadent treat in a glass.
You will only need pear nectar, brandy, some whipped cream and chopped walnuts. That is it!
- 4 cups pear nectar
- ½ cup brandy
- ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine pear nectar and brandy and warm it. Be careful not to boil the mixture.
- Meanwhile, chop walnuts and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream, adding brown sugar and vanilla essence.
- Ladle pear nectar and brandy into 4 glasses, top each with a generous amount of whipped cream. Garnish with additional toasted walnuts and serve warm