Moist pineapple and lime mini bundt cakes, served on rum and brown sugar grilled pineapple slices topped with whipped coconut cream
So happy to be back in my kitchen, experimenting and making a total mess 🙂 Oh, yes! I should get a photo after making a recipe…my kitchen always looks like a bomb has exploded.
Soo…what have I been up to lately?
I have been working like crazy to finish my first cookbook! After sharing Greek pumpkin and feta pie and the Aussie meat pie recipes last year and earlier this year, I had many readers asking for more unique pie recipes and decided to create an entire cookbook for my all time favorite savory pie recipes from all around the world. Hang on tight, I am almost done and will have my cookbook ready very very soon.
Between the cookbook and everyday packed things to be done, I have been obsessed with these moist pineapple and lime mini bundt cakes, served on grilled pineapple topped with whipped coconut cream. I know, it sounds crazzyyy good!
I had this new dessert recipe in mind for ages now and finally, yesterday was that day! The day I have stuffed myself with too many to say here moist mini cakes 🙂 I love their freshness from lime and refreshing sweetness from pineapple. Perfect combination!
These pineapple and lime mini bundt cakes are so easy to make and honestly it takes more or less 30 minutes to make this dessert recipe, with grilled pineapple and whipped cream time included. The batter is really simple, made with buttermilk (makes the cakes so moist) and it takes less than 10 minutes to whisk it together.
I love quick recipes made from scratch and it cannot get any easier or quicker than making this recipe. You just add buttermilk, vegetable oil, sugar, flour, lime juice and some zest, pineapple juice, baking soda to a bowl, whisk together and pour it in prepared mini bundt cakes mold and bake. While the cakes are in the oven for 15 minutes, you grill pineapple slices and whip coconut cream. That’s it! No tricks, everything just plain simple.
These pineapple and lime mini bundt cakes, served on rum and brown sugar grilled pineapple slices topped with whipped coconut cream are my new favorite dessert recipe when throwing a party or just have friends over. They look fantastic and so easy to put together.
The weekend is almost here and it’s time for a treat!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- pineapple slices (1/2 inch/ 1 cm thick)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 can coconut milk, chilled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- lime slices and chopped pineapple to serve
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C. Lightly grease mini bunt cakes pan with softened butter and set aside.
- Add all ingredients for cake batter in a large bowl and whisk, using a mixer the until everything is incorporated and the batter is smooth. Pour batter in prepared mold and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool down without removing the cakes from the mold.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and rum in a small bowl and brush pineapple slices with the mixture. Scary with cooking oil a grill pan and place it on medium high heat. Grill pineapple slices batches for 3-4 minutes on each side, until nicely brown and grill marks have appeared. Set aside till serving time.
- In a medium bowl, scoop out and add to the bowl the coconut fat that separates out, add heavy cream and whip it using a mixer for a couple of minutes.
- To assemble the cakes, place a grilled pineapple slice, add a mini bundt cake on top and top up with whipped coconut cream, add some chopped pineapple and lime slices and serve.