This week starts to get crazy and strange in the same time. School tests, tennis tournament and on top of everything my daughter is having one annoying cold. Hope she gets well through everything. This would describe crazy. Now, strange because I have just called one of my friends to congratulate on her daughter’s birthday and surprise….got her interrupted when she was about to get married… yes! Talk about good timing….
On top of everything, a super frustrating morning, I have already burnt 2 batches of madeleines and the third one …well, let’s say it will not make the cut for tomorrow’s scheduled post. Hm…I may have to think of plan B if it continues this way… Maybe I should stay away from the oven this week and just stick with quick recipes on top stove 🙂
Talking about quick recipes, I have to share with you my new favorite dinner recipe – Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops with Fettuccine. Yesterday was one big day for me. You are going to laugh hearing why…got my hubby to eat a pasta dish and ask for more 🙂 I never thought will live this day. Had been trying for ages to find that pasta recipe that will click with him. I have actually given up quite some time ago…But this easy, cheesy Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops with Fettuccine was that dish and it is ridiculously delicious!
You will need some fresh scallops, prosciutto slices, fettuccine, olive oil, garlic, lemon (juice and zest), some fresh herbs: thyme and parsley, a dash of white wine and plenty of parmesan cheese. It is just me or I developed a parmesan obsession lately? Just 15 minutes later, your dinner is served!
- 12 fresh sea scallops
- 12 slices prosciutto, halved lengthways
- 8.8 oz/ 250g egg fettuccine or tagliatelle
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme
- zest of ½ lemon and juice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Halve the sea scallops into 2 pieces and roll them up in the strips of prosciutto.
- Cook the pasta in salted water following pack instructions (it should take about 4 minutes) Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large heavy duty pan and sear the scallops for 1-2 mins, to brown the prosciutto and lightly cook the scallop inside. Remove from the pan on a plate and leave to rest.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan juices and fry, stirring, until golden. Add fresh thyme, lemon zest, juice and white wine, let it bubble for a minute or so, then toss in the parsley. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with salt and plenty of black pepper, then toss to make sure the strands are well coated. Add the prosciutto-wrapped scallops and serve drizzled with a little extra oil, if you prefer.
If you love scallops, you have to try these recipes: