Incredibly moist pumpkin and pear bundt cake, an easy recipe that everyone will love!
This week we are talking desserts for Thanksgiving dinner.
Showstopper desserts you can prepare couple of days in advance and just decorate them on the day and serve. Quick and really easy recipes, without having to compromise on the quality…sorry, no pre packed cake mixture boxes…everything from scratch. Well, pretty much everything as I used caned pumpkin puree. But hey! this pumpkin puree is my favorite and it’s the best thing after homemade pumpkin puree!
Did I also mention stunning? Just take a look at this incredibly moist pumpkin and pear bundt cake with cream cheese frosting and melted chocolate. No way you can resist it!
I have decided to serve desserts highlighting pear this year. So many beautiful varieties of pears this time of the year and so often an overlooked fruit. Prepare yourself for another special pear treat recipe coming this week!
You can make this pumpkin and pear bundt cake a couple of days before Thanksgiving Day. Just turn it upside down, wrap it in plastic foil bottom and sides, and close the wrap so the plastic is not touching the top of the cake. You can just leave it on the counter at room temperature. It should keep it really fresh for at least 2 days. On Thanksgiving Day, just make the cheese creme frosting, decorate and devour 🙂
If you have some time on your hands you can easily make this pumpkin and pear bundt cake on the day. It takes just 45 minutes, prep included!
- 1&3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ vegetable oil
- 1½ cups Anjou pears, diced
- 8 tablespoons (1 bar 4oz/113g) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 oz milk chocolate, melted
- Lightly grease a large bundt cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder nutmeg, allspice. In a separate medium bowl whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, buttermilk and oil.
- Pour wet mixture over flour mixture stirring until well combined. Fold in gently diced pears.
- Pour cake mixture into bundt pan and bake for about 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clear. Allow to cool in pan. Remove from pan when cooler and turn it upside down.
- To make the frosting beat together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy a heat resistant bowl. Add cream cheese and continue beating until fully incorporated.
- Place a large saucepan filled with some water on stovetop and bring to boil. Place the cream cheese frosting bowl over the saucepan and whisk for a couple of minutes until the creme cheese frosting is not so thick and can be poured.
- Pour creme cheese warm frosting over the bundt cake, drizzle some melted chocolate and serve!