This creamy Garlic Prawns Risotto is so easy to make and will be ready in less than 30 minutes!
Risotto is one of those hit or miss dishes. Garlic Prawns Risotto is even better 🙂
When done right, it rocks your world, rich and creamy without being heavy. But it’s not always done right. In fact it’s pretty easy to get an average risotto or even ruin it.
The most important, when cooking a risotto, is the stock addition. The secret is to keep the stock hot so when you add it to the pan it continues to boil and to add small amounts at a time, stirring through the cooking process because the creaminess of the risotto comes from the released starch.
This recipe it’s one of our favorite dishes and my daughter could have it everyday 🙂 The addition of the garlic prawns makes it perfect.
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 litre chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb/ 500g raw (green) shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, pepper,
- In a medium saucepan heat the stock to simmer, then reduce the heat so the stock stays hot through the whole time.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. When the butter has melted add the spring onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add the rice and stir until coated with the oil and butter. Sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the white wine and cook while stirring until the liquid is fully absorbed. Add the stock, about a cup at a time, stirring until absorbed adding more when the rice appears almost dry. Continue adding stock and cooking it for 20 minutes or until the grains are tender but still firm to the bite, without being crunchy. Stir in 1tablespoon butter and the Parmesan cheese and season with salt pepper.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining 1tablespoon olive oil and sauté for a couple of seconds minced garlic. Add the raw prawns and cooked them 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the risotto adding the garlic prawns on top, with a sprinkle of paprika.