If you are still trying to decide what to serve for your Christmas lunch, I have the perfect side dish: Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Poached Eggs and Mustard Mayo! Yes, that’s what we are going to have! Tested, approved and devoured already 🙂 If you are a vegetarian (one who still eats eggs) this could be one delicious main dish for Christmas day.
I absolutely love the combination of crispy baked potatoes, gooey eggs and mustard mayo! I threw some greens there too, as you can never have enough greens in a day.
I used Fingerling potatoes for this recipe as they are ideal for roasting, sautéing or adding them to potato salads. For almost $10 you will have this crowd pleaser and kid friendly, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Poached Eggs and Mustard Mayo ready in just 60 minutes!
Just a quick tip, when you are poaching the eggs, add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to boiling water. It will help setting the eggs nicely! Works like a charm!
- 1 bag (albs) fingerling potatoes, scrubbed, cut in quarters lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves stripped
- baby green beans, trimmed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup whole egg mayo
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp mustard
- Preheat oven at 400F/ 200C. Place potatoes, oil, salt and rosemary in a medium bowl and toss them together. Place the mixture in a single layer on a baking paper lined tray. Bake them for 50 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, blanch beans in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Poach eggs in a large pan with simmering water and 1 tbsp white wine vinegar added for 1-2 minutes, for soft consistency or until cooked to your liking.
- To make mustard mayo, mix together whole egg mayo, white wine vinegar and mustard.
- Place potatoes on a serving platter, top with beans and drizzle over mustard mayo. Arrange poached eggs down center of vegetables.
- To serve, toss together at table so eggs will break open and become part of the dressing.