Hello everyone! I am sorry it was so quiet around here. These last days were quite rough for us, both my hubby and my daughter were sick. You know the story: sore throat, fever, cough (OMG!….) and all those yuck things that come along with a virus. Hopefully, I am not going to be the next one 🙂
I was telling you last week, we are going to have a small party this weekend and I have already shared with you my special heart shaped Lamingtons dessert. I am really not feeling inspired to try something new for appetizers, so I will make my perfect appetizer recipe, that does not disappoint anyone, Sriracha Chicken Balls. Everyone loves Sriracha! It is quite a story behind Sriracha sauce and how it has all started. I don’t know if you had the chance to read about it, this article from NY Times is one of my favorite.
These chicken balls are great as nibbles. It is one of the easiest recipes to make. Healthy and packed with vegetables. You just toss everything together and in 20 minutes you’ll have these golden Sriracha chicken balls ready for your guests. Quick. Easy and delicious. I always like to make these chicken balls small enough, just right for one-bite size appetizers.
I have tried a separate batch without Sriracha sauce for kids too. I really wanted to be sure they will still taste amazing, without being spicy. They are perfect with a bowl of tomato sauce 🙂 There were no leftovers in a very short time.
- 2 lb/ 900g ground chicken/ chicken mince
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 5 spring onions, finely diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, adding more breadcrumbs if needed to bring mixture together and be able to form small balls.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat, spray some olive oil and cook chicken balls until golden brown all over, for almost 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Serve them with some more sriracha sauce on side.
- Kids recipe: same ingredients, except for sriracha sauce and you cook them the same.