Last night people from all across US went crazy… whether watching the game at home or at a bar, standing and dancing on the bar…they were happy, crazy happy! And they were so right to do so, after 4 years, everyone wanted this win desperately. Was a terrific game and did I mention the goal in sec29??!! one of fastest goals in World Cup history scored by Clint Dempsey…
I was trying to plan what to cook today, wondering where shall I start with…what area to focus on? With such a diverse food culture, where do you set the starting point? Pretty difficult… Then I had an idea! What is the best way to celebrate last night US team’s victory? Celebrate Clint Dempsey’s fastest goal in the World Cup!
So, we are heading to Texas, as Clint Dempsey was born there. Go Texas! Let me tell you, I found the perfect recipe for this occasion..Tex-Mex Burger with Cajun Mayonnaise.
The most perfect, juiciest burger you will ever have. Hope you like spicy 🙂
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground sirloin, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce using your hands. Divide into 4 balls, and flatten into patties.
- Lightly oil the grilling surface, and place the patties on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until well done. During the last 2 minutes, lay a slice of cheese on top of each patty. Spread the seasoned mayonnaise onto the insides of the buns. Put burgers in the buns, and top with lettuce and tomato to serve.