Get ready to indulge in a fun twist on the classic ice cream treat with Banana Split Fluff Salad! This easy dessert salad is perfect for any occasion and requires no baking, making it the ultimate go-to creamy fruit salad. With ripe bananas as the star ingredient, paired with fluffy desserts and other delectable toppings like cherries and chocolate syrup, this dish will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
Not only is it a crowd pleaser for its bold flavors and textures, but it’s also an effortless recipe that can be whipped up in minutes. So why not satisfy your sweet tooth cravings today by preparing this easy no bake dessert? Trust me when I say that one bite of this heavenly fluff recipe will leave you wanting more!
If you’re looking for a fun twist on the classic ice cream treat, look no further than Banana Split Fluff Salad! This easy dessert salad combines ripe bananas with fluff desserts to create a creamy fruit salad that’s perfect for any occasion. And the best part? It’s an easy no bake dessert that you can whip up in just minutes! Whether you’re hosting a summer BBQ or simply want to satisfy your sweet tooth, this Banana Split Fluff Salad is sure to be a hit. So grab some spoons and dig in – it’s time to indulge in this deliciously creamy treat!
When the summer heat is in full swing and you’re looking for a refreshing treat without turning on the oven, easy no-bake desserts come to the rescue. Some of the most popular recipe options that can be whipped up in no time are tropical fruit marshmallow salad and strawberry cheesecake salad. The tropical fruit marshmallow salad brings a taste of the tropics with a medley of juicy fruits and fluffy marshmallows, creating a sweet and tangy explosion of flavors. The strawberry cheesecake salad is a dreamy combination of fresh strawberries, cream cheese, and whipped cream, resulting in a light and luscious dessert.
This banana split fluff salad is a fun twist on a vintage classic. It’s creamy, marshmallowy, and loaded with crushed pineapple, and fresh banana and strawberry slices. It has a nice crunch from the added nuts and semisweet chocolate chips. This is the perfect no bake dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth this summer.
- instant banana pudding
- crushed pineapple in juice
- Cool Whip, thawed
- ripe bananas, sliced
- fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- mini marshmallows
- maraschino cherries, drained well and stems removed
- semisweet chocolate chips
- chopped peanuts or walnuts
How to Make Banana Split Fluff Salad Recipe
In a large bowl, combine together the dry pudding mix powder with the crushed pineapple in juice. Mix until the powder fully dissolves and the pudding thickens.
Add the Cool Whip and fold it together using a rubber spatula.
Add banana slices, strawberries, marshmallows, maraschino cherries, semisweet chocolate chips, and nuts. Stir together to combine until everything is evenly coated in the banana pudding cream mix.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-4 hours. This gives the pudding time to thicken and get creamier and the flavors to merge together.
When ready to serve, divide in individual bowls, top with additional nuts, semisweet chocolate chips, and 1 maraschino cherry on top. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and add sprinkles if desired. Enjoy!
Favorite Banana Split Toppings
The traditional banana split toppings are a classic combination of sweet, fruity, and nutty flavors that perfectly complement the creamy and sweet banana. Chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, and pineapple topping are the primary toppings that form the base of a banana split. These fruity syrups are then paired with the crunch and saltiness of chopped nuts, typically peanuts, and the light and airy sweetness of whipped cream. To finish the dish, a maraschino cherry is added on top, which adds a pop of color and a fruity flavor.
Other toppings you can try:
- Hot Fudge
- Caramel/ chocolate sauce
- Crushed Oreos
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed Peanut Butter Cups
- Fresh Fruit (e.g., strawberries, pineapple, kiwi)
Variations and Substitutions for Banana Split Fluff
Banana split fluff salad is a popular dessert that combines the classic banana split flavors with a light and fluffy texture. These variations of banana split fluff salad are all delicious and would be a great addition to your next potluck or gathering
1. Watergate Banana Split Fluff Salad: This recipe combines the flavors of watergate salad with banana split ingredients. To make it, mix together crushed pineapple, instant pistachio pudding mix, mini marshmallows, chopped pecans, and whipped topping. Then fold in sliced bananas, cherry pie filling, and crushed graham crackers.
2. Cherry Banana Split Fluff Salad: This recipe is similar to the classic banana split fluff salad but adds a cherry twist. To make it, mix together instant vanilla pudding mix, whipped topping, and a can of sweetened condensed milk. Then fold in sliced bananas, mini marshmallows, chopped nuts, and a can of cherry pie filling.
3. Banana Split Fluff Dip: This recipe is a twist on the classic fluff salad that’s perfect for dipping. To make it, mix together whipped cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, and instant vanilla pudding mix. Then fold in sliced bananas, mini chocolate chips, and chopped nuts. Serve with graham crackers or vanilla wafers for dipping.
Tips for Best Banana Split Fluff Salad
- Don’t skip chilling this summer salad. Chilling will make it more flavorful as the cream and juices will soak into and soften the marshmallows.
- There is no need to drain the canned pineapple for this recipe as the juices will help dissolve the powder and thicken the pudding mix. Using the pineapple juice makes it that much more flavorful however if you don’t want a strong pineapple flavor, you can drain the canned pineapple juice and instead use 1 cup of milk, sour cream, or yogurt to mix with the instant pudding powder. You can also drain half of the juice if you want the salad to be a little thicker and creamier.
- You can also dip the banana slices in lemon juice to keep them from browning too quickly, but it may add a slight lemon flavor to the dessert.
- If you don’t want to use store bought Cool Whip, make a stabilized whipped cream by beating 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream and 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar together until it doubles and has almost stiff peaks.
- If you can’t find instant banana pudding, you can use vanilla, cheesecake, or even coconut cream flavor.
How to Serve Banana Split Fluff Salad?
To serve a banana split fluff, follow these steps:
Prepare individual serving bowls or dessert glasses. You can use sundae glasses, clear bowls, or any other serving dishes you prefer. If you prefer one big bowl, that’s fine too, I just love individual servings 🙂
First thing, start by adding a layer of crushed graham crackers or vanilla wafers to the bottom of each bowl. This will create a delicious crust-like base.
Cut fresh bananas into slices and arrange them on top of the crushed crackers or wafers. Make sure to distribute them evenly.
Spoon the banana split fluff salad mixture over the bananas. The fluff salad typically consists of whipped cream, vanilla pudding mix, mini marshmallows, chopped pineapples, and maraschino cherries. Gently mix these ingredients together in a separate bowl before adding them to the serving bowls.
Top the fluff salad with additional whipped cream for an extra creamy and fluffy texture. You can use a piping bag or simply dollop it on with a spoon.
Garnish each serving with a maraschino cherry on top. You can also sprinkle some chocolate shavings, chopped nuts, or colorful sprinkles for added decoration.
Place the banana split fluff salad bowls in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill and set. This will allow the flavors to meld together and create a refreshing dessert.
When you’re ready to serve, bring out the chilled bowls and present them to your guests. They can enjoy the salad with a spoon, digging through the layers of creamy fluff, bananas, and the crunchy crust at the bottom.
How to store Fluff Salad?
You can make this recipe up to 2 days in advance. This gives the salad enough time to for the flavors to blend however any longer and the fruit and marshmallows may start to become too soft.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days. Just give it a mix before serving again as the juices and cream may have started to separate.