Turn your favorite traditional Black Forest Cake into an easy and delicious trifle!
Easy Black Forest Cake Trifle Recipe
One of my all time favorite desserts is Black Forest Cake. Since I was a kid, I loved this cake. It has everything I adore: chocolate, cherries, more chocolate and cream. Now, really what is not to be loved about this cake?!
You will appreciate it even more after I will show you my approach on this traditional cake and still not miss a single flavor of the traditional one! Tell you the truth, there is nothing wrong with the whole round, traditional Black Forest Cake. It’s just something wrong with me…if I’ll bake a big, round cake I will end up eating it all in the end. And that is not something I want to happen :)! So, making Black Forest Cake Trifles will give me the chance to enjoy with moderation. Moderation and chocolate in the same sentence……really???
- 1 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 stick butter
- 6 eggs separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp kirsch
- 1/2 cup water
Filling and topping
- 1 and 1/2 cup of fresh cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor
- 1 pound pitted cherries
- First, extract the pits from cherries with help from own utensil and place the pitted cherries in a container sprinkling them with sugar and store it in the enclosed cold.
- Turn the oven to 350F/180C and grease a 20 inch diameter mold.
- Melt chocolate with the butter over low heat.
- Beat the egg yolks with 1 cup sugar at high speed until you get a thick cream. Add the cornstarch and mix on low speed until a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate mixture, and beat at medium speed .
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter of the cake.Pour the mixture into the shape and bake for 20 minutes or until a sting knife in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Beat the cream at high speed near the end add the vanilla and 2 tablespoons of sugar and set aside in the cold to mount the cake.
- Divide the cake height in half so you get 2 discs.
- Assembling the cake: put the first disc in the serving cup, drizzle with syrup and place the pitted cherries, then the whipped cream, another cake disc then cover with whipped cream, sprinkle cherries with chocolate flakes.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g