If you’re looking for a delicious and easy appetizer recipe to serve at your next party, look no further than buffalo chicken pinwheels. These tasty little treats are made with just a few simple ingredients and can be whipped up in no time.
Plus, they’re perfect for a game day party or any other gathering where you need something quick and satisfying. These buffalo chicken rollups have just the right amount of spice, and the cream cheese gives them a delicious creamy texture. These little tortilla roll ups are definitely a crowd pleaser!
If you love buffalo chicken, then you really need to try: the most delicious gooey Buffalo Chicken Dip and cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas, or for a healthier version try these Buffalo chicken stuffed peppers with cream cheese
- Chicken breasts. Cooked and shredded. You can also use chicken thighs, or if you have any leftover rotisserie chicken. I usually use any leftover chicken from this Italian chicken recipe
- Butter. You can use salted or unsalted.
- Buffalo wing sauce. Use any kind that you like. You could also make your own homemade buffalo sauce.
- Cream cheese. Full fat works best, but you can also use reduced fat. Be sure to use softened cream cheese.
- Spring onions. Thinly sliced.
- Large flour tortillas. Use your favorite brand.
How to Make Chicken Buffalo Pinwheels
- Start by making the buffalo chicken dip mixture. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add shredded chicken breasts and buffalo sauce and stir to combine. Add cream cheese too and mix to incorporate well and get a smooth, creamy mixture. Remove from heat and allow to cool down for 5 minutes.
- Spread buffalo chicken filling on flour tortillas. Sprinkle sliced spring onions and roll up tortillas tight without adding any pressure. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas. Add rolled wraps to a plate, cover with plastic wrap and place them in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before slicing (if you are in a hurry, place them in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool them faster)
- Slice the rolls using a serrated knife, and add a toothpick to each rolled tortillas.
Scroll down to get the full recipe!
Substitutions and Variations
- Use sour cream or Greek yogurt to make a dip for your pinwheels.
- Add some chopped celery or green bell peppers to the mixture for a little crunch.
- Use a milder hot sauce instead of spicy buffalo sauce for a less-spicy version.
- Try using different cheeses in the pinwheels, such as Monterey Jack or sharp cheddar cheese, to make it extra cheesy.
- Make these ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Just be sure to wrap them tightly, so they don’t dry out.
- Add crumbled bacon to the pinwheel mixture for extra flavor.
- Try using a different type of tortillas, such as whole wheat or spinach, instead of regular flour tortillas.
- If you want to make these gluten-free, use gluten-free tortillas.
- Add some cayenne pepper to the cream cheese mixture for an extra spicy kick.
- You can take a shortcut and use fresh rotisserie chicken if you prefer.
- Dip your delicious buffalo chicken pinwheels in ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing, or top them with some blue cheese crumbles for a burst of flavor.
- Add some garlic powder to the mixture for some extra flavor.
Can you make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels in advance?
Yes, these pinwheels can be made a day in advance. Just store them in the fridge in an airtight container until you are ready to serve them.
What is the best way to slice the pinwheels?
I find that using a serrated knife works best for slicing these pinwheels. Just be sure to apply gentle pressure, so you don’t squish the filling out.
Do I have to use toothpicks?
No, you don’t have to use toothpicks, but they help keep the pinwheels together if you serve them as finger foods.
Try These Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels Tonight!
These spicy buffalo chicken pinwheels are the perfect party appetizer! Made with shredded chicken, cream cheese, and hot sauce, they are easy to make and always a hit.
They are the perfect finger food for serving at a get-together or enjoying alone on movie night. And, since they can be made ahead of time, they are ideal for busy weeknights. You can serve them along with any of these cold pasta salads for a complete meal.
Simply assemble the pinwheels and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to slice them. So, next time you’re looking for an easy and delicious appetizer recipe, give this buffalo chicken pinwheels recipe a try! Add some easy shrimp quesadillas next to them, and you will have a real feast!
If you are a Buffalo Chicken lover, you really have to try these cheesy buffalo chicken quesadillas Really quick and easy to make, great as appetizers or quick lunch option or if you’re looking for a more filling meal, buffalo chicken stuffed peppers will do the trick!