Easy Weeknight Dinner Idea: Whip Up These Spicy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Tonight
Are you tired of the same old boring weeknight dinners? These Spicy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are here to save the day. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in no time. Spice up your evening routine with this easy recipe that’s sure to please everyone at the table. So grab your skillet and get ready for some seriously delicious quesadillas tonight!
Who doesn’t love a good quesadilla? They’re easy to make, and they’re always a hit with the whole family. Perfect easy lunch option or even game day meal, this simple recipe is the perfect way to use up some leftover rotisserie chicken. Simply mix together some hot sauce to get that spicy flavor, ranch dressing and lots of cheese and you’re ready to go!
Cheesy buffalo chicken quesadillas are best cooked on medium high heat until they’re golden brown. Be sure to use some pepper jack cheese blend for extra flavor. Serve with additional buffalo wing sauce, and enjoy!
If you love buffalo chicken, then you really need to try: the most delicious creamy Pinwheels stuffed with Buffalo Chicken or gooey Buffalo Chicken Dip or for a healthier version try these Buffalo chicken stuffed peppers with cream cheese
To make the buffalo flavor chicken mixture, simply combine any kind of leftover chicken you have with hot sauce and ranch dressing. Then, heat up a tortilla (or a whole wheat tortilla) in a skillet over medium heat until it is golden brown. Add the buffalo chicken mixture to one half of the tortilla, then top with lot of cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and cook until the cheese melts. Serve immediately!
- cooked chicken (can be some chicken breast that has been panfried with some cooking spray and cut into small pieces on a cutting board, or any type of leftover chicken you have around, shredded)
- buffalo sauce
- ranch dressing
- flour tortillas (or whole wheat tortillas)
- shredded cheese (cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and pepper jack cheese)
- Optional: avocado, chopped green onions and sour cream
Step by Step Directions
- To start, gather your ingredients and mix the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing in a medium bowl until combined.
- 2. Next heat a large skillet or griddle over medium high heat and place one tortilla on the skillet and sprinkle half of it with shredded cheese.
- 3. Spread 2 tablespoons of the buffalo chicken mixture over the cheese, then add some avocado mixture, if preferred before folding the other half of the tortilla over the filling and press down gently with a spatula.
- 4. Cook the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted and the crispy tortilla is golden brown.
- 5. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- 6. Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve hot, with additional ranch dressing and buffalo sauce on the side for dipping.
Tips and Tricks for Perfectly Melty Quesadillas Every Time
There’s nothing quite like a gooey melted cheese quesadilla. But if you’re not careful, they can be dry, rubbery, and just plain disappointing. Follow these tips and tricks for perfectly melty quesadillas every time.
First, make sure your tortillas are nice and soft. If they’re hard or stale, they won’t melt properly. You can either warm them up in the microwave or wrap them in damp paper towels and heat them in the oven before filling them up with pre-cooked chicken and sauce.
Second, don’t skimp on the cheese. Use a good quality shredded cheese that will melt well. And don’t be afraid to pile it on, I always say, the more cheese, the better!
Third, use other ingredients that will help keep your quesadillas moist and flavorful. Add some avocado, chopped green onions, or peppers for extra flavor and moisture.
Fourth, cook your quesadillas on a preheated griddle or skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp. This will help ensure that they’re cooked evenly and that the cheese is melted to perfection.
Finally, serve your quesadillas hot off the griddle with your favorite toppings. Salsa, sour cream, and guacamole all make great toppings for these cheesy delights.
Variations on the Recipe
If you’re in the mood for something a little different, there are plenty of ways to change up this recipe. Here are a few ideas:
- Swap out the chicken for another protein, grilled shrimp or steak.
- Use a different type of cheese, like cheddar or Monterey Jack.
- Add some chopped veggies, like onions, peppers, or mushrooms.
- Make it extra spicy by adding more hot sauce or some diced jalapeños.
- Turn it into a buffalo chicken wrap by omitting the tortillas and wrapping everything up in a large flour tortilla.
- Allow the quesadillas to cool down to room temperature before storing them. Putting hot or warm quesadillas in the fridge can cause condensation, which can make them soggy.
- Cut the quesadillas into portions that you can easily reheat later.
- Wrap each portion of quesadilla tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Place the wrapped quesadillas in an airtight container or a freezer-safe bag.
- Label the container or bag with the date that you made the quesadillas and the contents.
- Store the quesadillas in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
When you’re ready to eat the quesadillas, you can reheat them in the oven or microwave. If you stored them in the fridge, you can reheat them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes. If you stored them in the freezer, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
All in all, these buffalo chicken quesadillas make for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner, or lunch option. They’re packed with flavor, can be made in under 30 minutes and are sure to satisfy everyone at the table! If you’re looking to add a bit of spice into your life, try this recipe out tonight! You won’t regret it.