These Roasted Cauliflower Steaks are a simple, healthy, low carb recipe that you can make as main dish for dinner or as a side dish. Thick cauliflower slices brushed with olive oil and roasted in the oven to perfection. Serve with chimichurri sauce or pesto. This would make an amazing Holiday side dish recipe! Keto and Gluten Free recipe.
Veggies are coming back in crazy new shapes, colors and textures. We have veggie noodles, cauliflower steaks and seaweed is the new kale! Take that!
I don’t like to follow trends BUT I am a very curious person. Maybe too curious.. I need to know, try and test everything new. Add that healthy tag and I am hooked.
So, yesterday I made myself some juicy, roasted cauliflower steaks after trying and loving the Cauliflower Rice
Just A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! I absolutely loved its unique texture. Crispy and caramelized around the edges, and juicy and rich towards the center. Drizzled with my favorite Chimmichurri sauce, was a healthy feast.
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Steaks?
Cauliflower is sooo crazy popular these days. So versatile! You can bake it, fry it, mash it and even roast it to perfection!
- Start by cutting the cauliflower steaks. Cut 2-4 slices from center of a big whole cauliflower (each about 1-inch thick)
- Brush with a bit of olive oil each side of the cauliflower steak, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook cauliflower steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side. Carefully turn slices over. Place skillet in the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes or until the stem is tender.
Cauliflower Steaks Questions
What to serve with cauliflower steaks?
You can serve this roasted cauliflower steak recipe as a main dish for dinner with fresh chimichurri sauce and some Israeli Couscous or rice and Parmesan cheese. The dish works perfectly as a side dish and I am pretty sure nobody will have any complaints. It is out of this world! Not to mention how easy and quick is to have it ready 🙂
Can you freeze cauliflower steaks?
YES! the answer is ..yes. All you have to do is cut the cauliflower into slices and then follow these steps from this very useful article.
- 1 large head cauliflower, 4 steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Chimichurri sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare cauliflower steaks:
- Cut 2-4 slices from center of cauliflower (each about 1-inch thick) depending on how big your cauliflower head is. Set aside remaining cauliflower and refrigerate for a different use
- Brush with olive oil each side of cauliflower steaks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 360F/ 180C.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat. Add cauliflower steaks and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Carefully turn slices over. Place skillet in the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes or until stem is tender.
- To make Chimichurri sauce, simmer water and salt in a small pan, stir to dissolve the salt, and then remove pan from heat. Finely mince all other dry ingredients and combine in a bowl. Whisk in the vinegar, then the olive oil, then the salted water. Transfer to a jar, close with a tight lid, shake to combine, and refrigerate.
- Drizzle sauce over cauliflower steaks and serve warm!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
What My Readers are Saying about my Chimichurri Cauliflower Steak Recipe and their True & Tried photos
“Made this last night, but wanting a bit of protein to round things out, I placed a fried egg on top then drizzled a bit more chimichurri over it. It was stunning and well-received by “HimWhoDoesNotBelieveMeatlessCanBeDelicious.” I would have given 5 stars but couldn’t get the fifth one to “take.” Definitely 5-stars.” Lizzie
” Made it tonight and it was yummy!!!!” S