Any leftover candy canes are great to make these Peppermint Meringues Cookies!
I cannot believe there are only 2 more sleeps till Christmas and most of all, that 2016 is almost over! Where is all this time flying?? Was like yesterday when we welcomed 2016 in Miami and here we are, saying goodbye to it…… in Australia 🙂 This year, from the first to its last day was hectic…too hectic, even for a globe trotter.
Hey, we are not just there yet!
Plenty of time to enjoy all the great dishes this time of the year comes with!
Starting with the traditional turkey, glazed ham and all those crazy good side dishes and finishing in glory after trying all this available desserts! Ups! That would be me 🙂 Not so much on the savory side but always saving plenty of room for desserts.
Especially if there is anything meringue. Add chocolate dipped meringue. And candy cane peppermint in the same sentence and I know that I won’t be able to stop myself from finishing them.
Remember I have promised peppermint ice cream recipe for all those leftover candy canes?
Well, Chocolate Dipped Candy Cane Peppermint Meringue recipe it is! The peppermint flavor is not overwhelming, just perfect and chocolate and mint together, seriously ???? Who can resist this combination?
These cute, melt in your mouth, delicious meringue treats are so easy to make! You just need to follow the instructions and measurements carefully, keep the bowl and beaters clean and dry and never attempt to make them on a humid day. The rest is too easy! You can even make these Chocolate Dipped Candy Cane Peppermint Meringues a day or two in advance.
Prepare yourself for a chocolate minty meringue explosion!
More Christmas Dessert Recipes
- No churn Peppermint Ice Cream
- Chocolate Christmas Tree Edible Piñata
- Cranberry Bundt Cake
- Mini Panettone (traditional Italian dessert for Christmas)
- Danish Dream Cake (traditional Dutch Christmas dessert recipe)
- Best German Christmas Cookies
- Kifli Cookies (traditional Hungarian Christmas treats)
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup 165g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup finely crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 210F/ 100C. Line with baking paper 2 baking trays and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites using a hand mixer, until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Beat in peppermint extract.
- Hold your piping bag on a side and add red food coloring to it, Still holding it on side, carefully fill bag with meringue batter.
- Pipe meringues onto baking pans, leaving bit of space between them.
- Bake, swapping trays halfway through the cooking time for almost 45 minutes, until firm to the touch. Turn your oven off and leave meringues in oven with door ajar for at least 1 hour or until cool.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts. Place crushed candy cane on a plate. Dip the base of a meringue in chocolate, then carefully dip in candy cane. Return to the tray, base-side up. Repeat with remaining meringues, chocolate and candy cane. Allow 30 mins to set.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g