Looking for a delicious and creamy soup to keep you warm this winter? This potato, chorizo and cannellini bean soup is the perfect recipe! Packed with flavor and nutrients, this soup will become a family favorite in no time.
Cold and grey days require warm and hearty soup! ..and I haven’t made a soup for quite a while now.
So I did Chorizo Potato and Cannellini Creamy Soup for today!
This is a very simple recipe to make if you are using canned beans. You could also use dried beans if you prefer, but you need to soak them overnight in cold water and cook them for 1 hour, the next day. So, I say..Yay!! to canned beans. Will save a lot of precious time for preparation. Once the vegetables and chorizo are cooked, all you need is a blender to puree the soup.
- Chorizo sausages
- Cannellini Beans
- Chicken Broth
- Fresh parsley – to serve
How to make creamy Chorizo Potato Soup
The first step is to sauté the chorizo in a large pot or Dutch oven. Once the chorizo is cooked, add the potato, onion and garlic and cannellini beans and give everything a good stir. Then, it’s time to add the chicken broth. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat to let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
Remove from stove top and using a hand blender puree the soup. This will make the soup nice and creamy. Give everything a final stir and then ladle into bowls.
In less than 1 hour, you will have this creamy, smoky flavored soup, ready to be served.
I like to serve my soup with warm, straight from the oven Ciabatta Rolls. No, I am not going through the whole process of making and baking them. I buy those half-baked ciabatta rolls from Trader’s Joe and pop them in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Ah! they are soooo amazing!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large Red Potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Smokey Paprika
- 2 x 15oz/ 425g cans Cannellini Beans, drained
- 1 L Chicken Broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- rind finely grated from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, for a couple of minutes or until golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add onion, potato and garlic to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft and potato is light golden. Sprinkle paprika over and stir well to combine. Cook for another minute. Add drained cannelloni beans, chicken broth, water and lemon juice to pan. Bring to the boil. Return half the chorizo to pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and puree soup with a hand blender. Season with salt and pepper. Combine lemon rind and parsley in a bowl.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with remaining chorizo and parsley mixture. Serve with ciabatta rolls.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 548Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 1323mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 16gSugar: 5gProtein: 30g