Today we are talking about festive fish recipes! Quick, easy, affordable (under $10!!) and with a healthy topping that brings a tasty Christmas twist to baked fish – Cranberry and Pistachio Crusted Fish!
In just 30 minutes you’ll have ready to serve these juicy white fish fillets. For this recipe you can use any white fish fillets are on sale at your market. Flounder is a great choice and very affordable or you can choose snapper (one of my favorite:) ). I have used Flounder fillets today and they were so moist and the cranberry pistachio topping goes perfectly with it. I decided to use dried cranberries because they are not as tart as fresh cranberries.
If you prefer, you can cook this dish, outside, on a hooded barbecue, especially if you are in the Southern Hemisphere. You’ll have to place your fish on foil on a barbecue plate and cook it for the same time as in the oven, almost 15 minutes or until cooked.
- 3-4 large slices Italian-style bread, crusts removed, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 6 white fish fillets
- olive oil cooking spray
- lemon, to serve
- salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F/ 200C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Put bread, garlic, pistachios, dried cranberries and parsley in a food processor. Process until mixture is finely chopped and well combined. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the eggs and mix until mixture comes together.
- Top fish fillets with breadcrumb mixture, pressing down evenly. Spray lightly with olive oil spray and bake for 15 minutes or just cooked and flesh flakes when tested with a fork.
- Top with lemon slices and parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is adapted from Better Homes and Gardens, Christmas 2011
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g