These easy, no bake chocolate pots de creme are the perfect Easter dessert recipe!
Chocolate Pots de Creme – Quick & Easy Dessert
Chocolate Pots de Creme are a classic French dessert recipe, simple enough to be made in less than 15 minutes delivering a perfect custard, silky texture decadent chocolate treat.
It is definitely thicker than a traditional pudding, but not fluffy as a chocolate mousse should be….. creamy as the best custard you’ve tried.
Add some chocolate Easter eggs on top and a touch of orange zest and here you have a crowd pleaser.
Easy No Bake Chocolate Pots
You would not believe how easy is to make these chocolate pots. No baking required and preparation time just under 15 minutes.
Ingredients to Make Chocolate Pots de Creme
- bittersweet chocolate chips
- full fat/ whole milk
- heavy cream
- egg yolks
- granulated sugar
- extra whipped cream for serving
How to Make Chocolate Pots
What I love the most about no bake desserts like this chocolate pots is that it is so easy to make them. No need to turn on the oven, just one pan where you mix the ingredients and refrigerate! That’s it!
1. In a medium sauce pan add milk, sugar, 1 cup heavy cream and a pinch of salt and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
2. Add bittersweet chocolate and vanilla extract and continue stirring until the chocolate chips are melted. Remove from the heat.
3. In a large bowl whisk the egg yolks. Pour the chocolate mixture over, one spoon at a time. Once the melted chocolate is not so hot, pour the rest in and mix.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into small pots or ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set (for about 4 hours)
More Easter Dessert Recipes
- Raspberry Hot Cross Buns &Mascarpone Cakes
- No Bake Easter Egg Chocolate Slice
- Chic Chip Hot Cross Buns
Avoid searching for No Bake Easter Chocolate Pots recipe, save it now!
Pin it here:
Chocolate Pots de Creme Recipe
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1&1/4 cups full fat/ whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream to serve
- Easter Eggs to serve
Place the milk, granulated sugar, salt and 1 cup cream, in a saucepan over medium low heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Add the chocolate chips and the vanilla extract and continue stirring with a heatproof spatula until all the chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, beat the yolks in a large bowl using a whisk. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the eggs, one spoon at a time, being careful not to scramble the eggs. Keep whisking. Once almost half of the melted chocolate is incorporated, pour the rest in and mix thoroughly.
Divide the chocolate mixture into 4 glasses (just a bit under the half line) or ramekins, pots, cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set (for about 4 hours), if you want to serve them the same day. Chocolate pots are perfect as I usually make them a day ahead and keep them refrigerated.
Before serving, whip lightly the cup of cream left. Top the chilled glasses with the whipped cream, Easter eggs and some orange zest and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Curtis Stone - Coles recipes