Easy No Bake Easter Chocolate Slice with a crunchy shortbread biscuit base and a creamy milk chocolate later, topped with chocolate Easter eggs.
Every year for Easter, I am choosing a special dessert recipe to make together with my daughter. For years, when she was smaller, I was looking for really easy, basic recipes so she can also be involved in all the steps till the end.
This year I am super happy as she is older, 10 now that we can finally try something else, a little bit more advanced.
No Bake Chocolate Slice Recipe
I had this Easter Chocolate Slice recipe saved for months now and finally yesterday it was its time!
It is a simple, no bake chocolate slice that can be made in just 15 minutes!
Perfect for Easter, as it has plenty of chocolate and chocolate eggs….who knows how many calories are packed in one slice:)
No Bake Chocolate Slice Ingredients
All you need is some
- shortbread biscuits for crunchy base,
- milk chocolate chips
- Easter chocolate eggs
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Slice
As no oven is required, in less than 15 minutes you’ll have this chocolate slice ready to be in the fridge cooling.
- Create the crunchy base for this chocolate slice, by crushing the biscuits in a food processor and mix them with butter.
- Prepare your tray, lining it up with baking paper.
- Add biscuit and butter mixture to the tray and distribute evenly, pressing it. Freeze for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, over low heating, add in a small saucepan chocolate chips, cream, lemon zest and remaining butter and cook until melted. Add some chopped pistachios into the chocolate mixture. Set aside to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture onto the biscuit base and top with Easter chocolate eggs.
- Refrigerate overnight preferably and cut into slices to serve
The result? Just have a look….
Unbelievably glossy, rich Easter Chocolate slice ready to be devoured.
One bite and you will be in heaven!
We had so much fun making it and by the time we’ve finished it, there were only a couple of eggs left…Don’t ask!
MORE EASTER DESSERTS RECIPES
- Raspberry Hot Cross Buns &Mascarpone Cakes
- No Bake Easter Chocolate Pots de Creme
- Chic Chip Hot Cross Buns
- 200 g shortbread biscuits
- 8 tablespoons 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 326g /11.5oz milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 150 ml cream
- 1 cup pistachios roughly chopped
- 250 g Easter chocolate eggs
Line a slice tin with baking paper. Put shortbread biscuits in a food processor and pulse until coarse. Add 6 tablespoons of butter and combine. Using your hands, press mixture into base of prepared tin. Freeze for 5 minutes to firm.
Meanwhile, combine chocolate morsels, cream, lemon zest and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and cook, whisking often, until melted. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the roughly chopped pistachios, then stir remainder into chocolate mixture. Set aside to cool for a couple of minutes.
Pour chocolate mixture over biscuit mixture. Top with Crunchy Easter eggs and reserved pistachios. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into pieces to serve.
This recipe was adapted from Better Homes Gardens Australia magazine
No bake Irish Fifteens recipe
Creamy Caramel Flan (Flan de Caramelo)
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
No Bake Mango Lime Pie Dessert
Easy Strawberry Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Danish Dream Cake (Drømmekage)
Easy Apple Crisp Stuffed Baked Apples Recipe