Easter is a time for celebration and family gatherings, and one of the best ways to make your special is with delicious food. In this article, we’ll share some of the most delicious Easter easy deviled eggs recipes that are sure to be a hit at your next special occasion.
From classic deviled egg recipes to more creative takes on an old favorite, I am sure you are going to find your best deviled egg recipe for Easter brunch!
Cannot believe how fast time it’s been flying this year and here we are with Easter just around the corner and you know what that means – time to start thinking about what recipes you’re going to make!
If you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make dish for your Easter dinner, check out this blog post featuring the best deviled eggs recipes. We’ve got everything from the classic recipe to more creative Easter takes on this classic appetizer – which I think it’s the best part!
Deviled eggs are a classic Easter appetizer that are easy to make and always a hit with guests. There are many variations of deviled eggs, but here are a few of the most popular:
- Classic Deviled Eggs: This recipe includes hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika for garnish. It’s a simple and traditional recipe that never goes out of style.
- Bacon and Cheddar Deviled Eggs: This variation adds crispy bacon and sharp cheddar cheese to the classic deviled egg mixture for a savory twist.
- Spicy Deviled Eggs: For those who like a little bit of spice in their appetizers, try adding hot sauce, cayenne pepper, or diced jalapeños to the filling.
- Avocado Deviled Eggs: Avocado is a healthy and delicious addition to the traditional deviled egg mixture. Mash avocado with the egg yolks and add lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of cumin for a fresh and flavorful appetizer.
- Pickled Deviled Eggs: For a tangy and unique flavor, use pickled eggs in the deviled egg recipe. Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, pickle relish, and a sprinkle of paprika for a delicious twist on the classic recipe.
Regardless of the recipe you choose, deviled eggs are a delicious and crowd-pleasing appetizer for any Easter gathering.
How to make Easter deviled eggs recipe?
Here is an easy recipe for classic deviled eggs that you can use as a base to customize with your own Easter twists:
With just 6 simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and delightful appetizer that everyone will love:
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs (you can boil them in the traditional way on stove top or you can cook them in an instant pot if you make large amounts (the best way to get hard-boiled eggs in minutes)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard (Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
- Peel the hard boiled eggs (after you have removed them from the hot water and placed them in icy cold water) and cut them in half lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl. Leave the white halves aside.
- Mash the yolks with a fork until they are smooth and creamy.
- Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, white vinegar, salt, and black pepper to the bowl with the yolks. Stir until well combined and creamy.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag (pastry bag), fill the egg white shells with the yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top of the deviled eggs for garnish.
- Cover and chill the deviled eggs in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve, arrange the deviled eggs on a platter and enjoy!
Note: To make the eggs more festive for Easter, you can dye the egg whites with food coloring before filling them with the yolk mixture. You can also decorate the deviled eggs with small vegetable cutouts, such as carrots or radishes, or garnish with fresh herbs like parsley or dill.
How to decorate deviled eggs for Easter?
There are many creative ways to decorate deviled eggs for Easter! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Sprinkle with Paprika: Dusting the tops of deviled eggs with a sprinkle of paprika is a classic and easy way to add color and flavor to the eggs.
- Add Carrot Decorations: Cut thin slices of carrot into flower shapes, bunny shapes, or other Easter-inspired designs. Place them on top of the deviled eggs for a fun and festive touch.
- Use Peas: Top deviled eggs with a small dollop of green peas for a pop of color and texture. You can also mix peas into the deviled egg filling for an extra burst of flavor.
- Create Egg Chicks or Bunnies: Use black olives or capers for the eyes and a small triangle of carrot for the beak to create chick or bunny faces on top of the deviled eggs.
- Use Food Coloring: Dye the egg whites with food coloring to make them pastel colors. Then, fill them with the traditional deviled egg mixture for a colorful twist.
- Garnish with Herbs: Sprinkle chopped fresh herbs like parsley, dill, or chives on top of the deviled eggs for a fresh and flavorful garnish.
Remember, the possibilities are endless when it comes to decorating deviled eggs for Easter, and nothing says “fun” quite like deviled eggs!…like so much fun! In this article, we will be giving you the best Easter recipes for delicious deviled eggs that are sure to please the whole family.
So gather up your ingredients and prepare to make some deliciousness – it’s time to get cracking! Celebrate Easter with these delicious deviled eggs! Perfect for a party or simply as a snack, they make for a delightful treat that everyone will enjoy.
If you’re looking for some more recipes to add to your Easter brunch, check out my most raved scalloped potatoes with ham, as a side dish or freshly baked choc chip hot cross buns. I somehow you have any hot cross buns leftovers, you have to try the blueberry pudding….it’s to die for!