These thin, crispy Hot Cross Bun Cookies are the perfect treat! Really easy Easter cookies recipe, ready in less than 30 minutes
It’s again that time of the year when all I can think of is…Hot Cross Buns!
With Easter just around the corner, have already devoured tray after tray of freshly baked Choc Chip Hot Cross Buns.
These hot cross buns are so easy to make, packed with citrus flavor (I like to add some orange zest to the dough) and real chocolate chips…absolutely irresistible!
Now, today I want to share with you a nice twist on the traditional hot cross buns recipe, that is even easier to make – Hot Cross Bun Cookies!
Easter brunch is covered with hot cross bun pudding and now, tea time is covered too 🙂
These perfect crisp cookies are just the perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea and really easy to make
- brown sugar
- baking powder
You can always substitute the all purpose flour with a gluten free flour to make these easy Easter cookies gluten-free version.
To make these easy easter cookies, you’ll need a food processor
- Add all ingredients in the food processor and pulse to combine. Add a little bit of water if the mixture it’s too dry
- Place the dough on a flat surface and knead for 1-2 minutes to get it in a nice round form.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and roll the dough in a thin layer. Cut cookies using a cookie cutter and place them on prepared baking trays.
- Bake in a preheated oven (350F/ 180C) for almost 10 minutes
I am planning to serve these Easter Hot Cross Bun Cookies for dessert with my favorite chocolate pots recipe this year! Pretty sure everyone will love them!
MORE EASTER DESSERT RECIPES
- Raspberry Hot Cross Buns &Mascarpone Cakes
- No Bake Easter Egg Chocolate Slice
- Chic Chip Hot Cross Buns
- Easy, No Bake Easter Chocolate Pots
- 160 g unsalted butter chopped
- 1&3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- white icing for serving
Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine. Add 1 tablespoon iced water to the mixture and pulse again until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Transfer mixture to a slightly floured surface and knead until combined. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
Line up with baking paper 2 baking trays and set them aside.
Remove dough from fridge and cut in half. Roll out first piece to 3-5 mm thick. Using round biscuit cutter, cut rods in the rolled dough and place them apart on trays. Repeat process with the second half too.
Bake in batches for around 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool down before serving them. Pipe crosses on each cookie using the white icing mixture.
Gluten - Free Hot Cross Bun Cookies.
Please substitute the all purpose flour with gluten free flour to enjoy this easy easter cookie recipe.