Easy Italian Sausage Penne Pasta – tender penne pasta, Italian sausage all in a light yet rich creamy tomato sauce. Quick weeknight dinner!
Kale…. Confession time: I am not so crazy about this superfood.
I know…what planet am I living on? Everyone that I know loves Kale. I was hoping some days ago, when the whole Internet was invaded with rumors that kale is bad for us that it’s not gonna be just a rumor and maybe was at least some truth in those articles. Not this time! Still have to eat these greens 🙂
Doing a little bit more reading, following the rumors, I have discovered some really mind blowing facts about kale: a cup of chopped kale has 134% of recommended daily intake of vitamin C, 14% of daily required calcium, 133% of daily vitamin A requirement and more than 600% daily vitamin K!…just to name a few.
Now, I may not be such a big fan of this superfood but for sure I will EAT IT and stop whinging about it.
One of facts I found really interesting is that it packs in more nutrition than any other whole food. Had no idea, cooked kale offers more iron per ounce than beef!!! Apparently, some of its nutrients are a little bit difficult to be absorbed, so if is is paired with some fat , we’ll get the most out of it!
For the time being, my favorite recipe with kale is an easy Italian sausage Penne Pasta dish. I love to combine the hearty Italian sausages with penne and some fresh organic kale in this quick and easy homemade recipe. It packs so much flavor, takes just 15 minutes to make and should be devoured as soon as it comes together 🙂
- 1 lb/ 500 g Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 bunch fresh organic kale, trimmed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato passata
- 300 g penne
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. When the water is boiling, add pasta and cook as per pack instructions, for almost 8 minutes, stirring often so the pasta will not stick together. Drain, run a cold water rinse over the colander and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage meat and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon until golden brown. Add chopped fresh kale and cook for about 4 minutes until kale is wilted. Add dry white wine and tomato passata, bring to a simmer and cook for another 3 minutes until the liquid is reduced to desired consistency.
- Add pasta to the sauce, tossing to coat it. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
What My Readers are Saying about my Easy Italian Sausage Pasta & Kale and their True & Tried photos
“I cooked mine with corn beef and added vegetable. It was yummy 😋” Rita Prasad on Pinterest