A quick and easy midweek dinner recipe, one pan baked gnocchi with prosciutto and leeks!
I am having one of those weeks. Pretty sure you know what I am talking about 🙁 Totally under the weather
My energy levels are down and I would rather be watching Ray Donovan while cuddling on my sofa with a big bowl of creamy baked gnocchi than actually doing something. Unfortunately, that has been me, all week.
I think it might be something to do with the weather, pressure and cold. A mix of all these things…or maybe none of these. Whatever it is, I hope will be gone!
There was no recipe better than this easy one pan baked gnocchi with prosciutto and leeks to conclude a month filled with comfort food. Being so lazy this week, this recipe was the perfect midweek dinner saver! Throw everything in a pan (baking dish), mix, bake and it’s done!
I usually love making fresh gnocchi but this time (only) have decided to get some ready-made gnocchi. Told you, I am not quite myself. They are definitely a lifesaver when there is not that much time available. And, because they are a lot firmer as consistency, I knew they will keep their shape while baking in this creamy casserole. Was just too afraid my homemade ones will get mushy and became a mash potato baked dish, in the end.
Leeks and ham are a heavenly combination, especially when we are taking about the intense flavor of dry cured meats, like prosciutto. Everything baked in a not overly indulgent sauce and here you have the perfect midweek dinner recipe!
- 1 16 oz pack potato gnocchi
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto
- 1 cup half and half milk
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 leek, sliced and rings separate
- salt and pepper
- fresh chives to serve
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Lightly grease a 10inch (25cm) skillet/ dutch oven/ baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine gnocchi, mozzarella cheese and prosciutto and transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In the same bowl, whisk together half and half milk, flour, salt and pepper until flour is incorporated. Pour mixture over gnocchi, dividing evenly.
- In a small pan melt butter and toss in sliced leaks. Allow to sauté for 1-2 minutes and pour over gnocchi, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh chopped chives and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g