If you like Greek Salad, then the addition of the pan-fried Halloumi will take it to a new level. It takes just minutes to make this recipe and it goes really nice with chicken or lamb too, if you wanna add some meat to your plate.
Quick Greek Salad with Pan-Fried Halloumi
It’s been quite humid and warm lately and I am trying to make light dishes that will require a minimum of cooking. If I have to use the top stove for more than 10 minutes, will not make the cut 🙂 So, I decided to have a delicious salad for lunch. After all the treats I had lately, a salad is just perfect. I remembered that I haven’t made my fave Greek Salad with pan-fried Halloumi for quite a while… I adore Halloumi pan fried cheese. It is salty, rich and delicious. Melted and gooey on the inside and slightly crisp and golden on the outside…Divine! Not to mention that will be ready in 5 minutes!
I have used mini Kumato (sweet brown grape) tomatoes and if you did not try them, you really need to give them a go. I absolutely adore them! So sweet and juicy…
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup mini kumato tomatoes halved or cut in quarters
- 1 short lebanese cucumber sliced
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- a couple of fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 125 g halloumi cheese cut lengthways into 1/2 inch/ 1 cm
- Place the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, mint, parsley and olives. Toss until the salad is evenly coated with the dressing.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and add the olive oil. Cook the haloumi slices for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove and place on paper towels to drain. Divide the salad among serving plates and top with the haloumi slices.