Well, here we go, I made another amazing Greek recipe! OK, I am obsessed with Greek cuisine and I guess you’ve figured that by now 🙂 I tend to go crazy during the summer with these recipes. Sorry, can’t help it! This time I have made Zucchini and Feta Fritters.
These fritters are healthy, low in calories and just right to sneak in some green veggies for those picky eaters (I am sure we all have some at home). I love to serve them as a healthy snack, as the perfect appetizer (classic Mezze served in a Greek taverna) or even as light lunch on a summer day, served with fresh tzatziki or some hummus….yum! You get to choose which one would be your favorite way to enjoy them.
It is so easy to make Greek Zucchini and Feta Fritters and trust me, everyone will dig in these amazing crispy veggie rounds! There will be no complaints about veggies, greens or anything. I have served mine with some hummus on side, this time. You can easily replace the hummus with fresh tzatziki.
- 3 medium sized zucchini, peeled
- 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried/ fresh oregano
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- olive oil
- Peel zucchini and coarsely shred them using a food processor. In a large colander, toss with 1 teaspoon salt. Let stand 15 minutes, wring out, and roll into a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, remaining salt, pepper, zest, and oregano, and whisk to combine. Stir in eggs, whisking until smooth. Stir in zucchini and feta.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil to cover bottom of pan. Using a 1⁄4-cup measure, carefully drop batter into oil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden-brown and firm when pressed. If not serving immediately, transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels and keep warm in a 250F oven.
This recipe is adapted from Real Food Magazine, Summer 2014 Issue
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g