If you’re looking for a heavenly summer dessert, look no further than the strawberry heaven on earth cake. This light and fluffy no bake dessert is filled with layers of moist angel food cake cut into cubes, creamy pudding layer and strawberry pie filling.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for an excuse to satisfy your sweet tooth, this mouthwatering Strawberry Heaven on Earth Cake!
Why You’re Going to Love this Recipe?
Taste – well, I say the title says it all, it tastes like heaven on earth, kid you not! The layers are infused with the most delicious strawberry flavor, with just the right amount of sweetness, making each bite taste like the most delicious treat on earth. The creamy frosting is what takes it to the next level. Made with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, it’s the perfect balance of tangy and sweet.
Texture – The texture is also perfect, the cake is light, fluffy and moist, not too dense, but not too light either – making it the ideal cake to sink your teeth into.
Can be made ahead of time – I actually recommend if you have enough time to make it the night before planning to serve it so it has enough time for all flavors to combine and the angel cake to absorb slowly the pudding.
No bake dessert recipe – how easy they are to make! No-bake desserts require absolutely no baking time, which means you can whip them up in a matter of minutes. No more waiting for your oven to preheat or worrying about over baking your dessert. With no-bake treats, you can spend more time enjoying your dessert and less time in the kitchen.
It’s a trifle type of recipe, so if you plan to showcase it, can easily be assembled in a big trifle bowl or a trifle jar. Even better, can be assembled in mason jars for individual servings, just like these no bake key lime pie mason jars Perfect sweet treat for Valentine’s Day, potlucks, parties, or family get-togethers.
Ingredients for No Bake Heaven on Earth Cake
● store-bought angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
● instant vanilla pudding mix
● whole milk – must be cold milk or half and half when added to the pudding mix
● sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
● strawberry pie filling
● Cool Whip
● topping: almond slivers
How to Make Heaven on Earth Cake
1. Start by preparing the vanilla pudding layer: Whisk together the vanilla pudding mix, cold milk, and sour cream in a medium mixing bowl, until smooth and fully incorporated. As you whisk, the mixture should be thicker. Set aside.
2. Prepare the cake layer: Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes and divide the quantity in half. Add first half as an evenly layer into the bottom of the baking pan, trifle bowl or in any dish you wish to assemble the cake.
3. Spread about ⅔ of the strawberry pie filling on top and then layer with the remaining angel food cake over it (the other half we saved after separating them)
4. Add vanilla pudding mixture on top of the second cake layer and spread it evenly, then top it with the Cool Whip, again evenly spread.
5. Using a spoon, drop spoonfuls of the remaining strawberry pie filling over the cake. You can spread it around and make some swirls if you desire.
6. Place in the refrigerator uncovered to chill for at least 4-6 hours, or even overnight for a more flavorful and moist cake. Refrigerating it will also help the layers to set.
7. Right before serving it with a large serving spoon, sprinkle with slivered almonds and add some fresh fruit next the a slice of the cake.
This Strawberry Heaven on Earth Cake is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday celebration or a summer barbecue. The light and fluffy cake layers pair perfectly with the sweet, juicy strawberries and the rich whipped cream frosting. Perfect easy summer dessert recipe!
Best Variations Ideas for Heaven on Earth Cake
There are endless possibilities when it comes to variations for this really easy recipe. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Swap out the store bough layers of cubed angel food cake with a homemade angel food cake recipe, or any lighter than air vanilla sponge cake or pound cake too.
- Swap out the sweet strawberry pie filling for another fruit like tart cherry pie filling, blueberries, raspberries even peach pie filling or lemon pie filling would work fantastic with this no bake recipe. Can be best dessert for fall using apple pie filling for your Thanksgiving dessert options
- Use different pudding flavors – white chocolate pudding mix, banana cream, cheesecake, Oreo, coconut cream, or any other flavor that you want to try.
- Choose a different topping layer – swap out the whipped topping for a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and lemon juice or if you prefer a richer topping, try a cream cheese frosting.
Tips for Best Heaven on Earth Cake
- Make sure your cake layers are leveled before assembling the cake. Use a serrated knife to cut cake layers into cubes for a better precision.
- One more thing to keep in mind when making this cake is that the whipped cream frosting should be made just before assembling the cake. This will ensure that the frosting is at its freshest and will hold up well on the cake.
- The ingredients need time to soak into the angel food cake, so make sure to plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time before serving it.
- When it comes to serving, you don’t need a knife – a large serving spoon works perfectly fine.
- If you’re planning on serving this cake at an outdoor event, be sure to keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. This will ensure that the whipped cream frosting stays fresh and doesn’t melt in the sun.
How to Store Heaven on Earth Cake?
No bake heaven on earth cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to maximum 3 days. Here are the steps to follow:
- Place the cake in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent any air from getting in.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator and make sure it is stored on a flat surface to prevent it from tipping over.
- When ready to serve, remove the cake from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to soften slightly before slicing and serving.
To Freeze: This cake doesn’t freeze well, because of the pudding mix. If you really need to freeze it, you can store it for about 2 months. Make sure you wrap it well and thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
Can I bake my own angel cake instead of using a store bought one?
You can absolutely use a freshly baked homemade cake from scratch or even from a boxed cake mix for this recipe. If you are baking the cake yourself, make sure to let it cool fully before cutting it and adding it with the other ingredients.
Can I make Strawberry Heaven on Earth Cake in advance?
Yes, you can make this no bake cake in advance. In fact, I actually recommend if you have enough time to make it the night before planning to serve it so it has enough time for all flavors to combine and the angel cake to absorb slowly the pudding.
What is the easiest way to cut the cake into cubes?
It’s easiest to cut your cake using a knife with a serrated blade, and you won’t lose the fluffy texture of the cake.
How do I serve Heaven on Earth Cake?
You won’t need a knife to serve this cake! Simply scoop the cake onto plates with a large serving spoon with some fresh strawberries on side, an extra dollop of whipped cream, or even a scoop of ice cream.
Overall, this Strawberry Heaven on Earth Cake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re celebrating a special event or just want a sweet treat, this cake is sure to impress. Give it a try and see for yourself!