No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheesecake: A Simple and Delicious Dessert Recipe
No bake strawberry cream cheesecake is a delicious dessert that can be enjoyed all year round, especially during the summer when turning on the oven can be a daunting task. That’s why I love no bake desserts, especially this creamy strawberry cheesecake.
This dessert is perfect for those who want to impress their guests with a dessert that is both delicious and easy to make. With a graham cracker crust, a creamy cheesecake filling, and fresh strawberries, this dessert is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any extra strawberries you might have in your fridge.
The best part of this easy recipe is that requires only a few simple ingredients. Here are the ingredients I use to make my no-bake strawberry cream cheesecake:
- Graham crackers: I use graham cracker crumbs to make the crust for the cheesecake. You can either buy pre-made crumbs or crush the crackers yourself.
- Melted butter: I mix the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter to make the crust.
- Fresh strawberries: I use fresh strawberries to make the puree for the cheesecake filling and to garnish the top of the cheesecake.
- Cream cheese: I use full fat cream cheese that has been left out to come to room temperature. This makes it easier to mix with the other ingredients.
- Sour cream: I add a bit of sour cream to the cheesecake filling to give it a tangy flavor.
- Heavy cream: I use heavy cream to make the whipped cream that goes on top of the cheesecake.
- Cool Whip: I mix Cool Whip with the cheesecake filling to make it light and fluffy.
- Lemon juice: I add a bit of lemon juice to the cheesecake filling to give it a bright, fresh flavor.
- Vanilla extract: I add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the cheesecake filling for added flavor.
- Sugar: I add sugar to both the graham cracker crust and the cheesecake filling to sweeten them up.
- Fresh berries: I use fresh berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, to garnish the top of the cheesecake.
- White chocolate: I sometimes use white chocolate to make a delicious topping for the cheesecake.
Making a delicious No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheesecake requires a few essential tools that can make the process easier and more efficient. Here are the tools you will need for this recipe:
Springform Pan. A springform pan is a must-have tool for making a no-bake cheesecake. It has a removable bottom and a latch on the side that allows you to easily remove the cheesecake from the pan without damaging it. A 9-inch springform pan is the perfect size for this recipe.
Food Processor. A food processor is a great tool to have for making the crust of the cheesecake. It can quickly and easily crush graham crackers and mix them with melted butter to create a delicious and crumbly crust.
Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer. A hand mixer or a stand mixer is essential for making the filling of the cheesecake. It can quickly and easily mix the cream cheese, sugar, and whipped cream to create a smooth and creamy filling.
Rolling Pin. A rolling pin can be used to crush the graham crackers for the crust if you do not have a food processor.
How to Make No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Step 1 – Making the Graham Cracker Crust
To create the crust, I used graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. I find that using a food processor to crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs is the easiest and most efficient way to make the crust. I added the melted butter to the graham cracker mixture and mixed it until it resembled wet sand.
Next, I pressed the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a springform pan and on the sides. Using a springform pan makes it easy to remove the cheesecake from the pan once it is set. I made sure to press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan to create a solid base for the cheesecake.
After creating the crust, I chilled it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to let it set before adding the cheesecake filling. This step is important because it helps the crust hold together and prevents it from crumbling when you cut into the cheesecake.
Step 2 – Preparing the Strawberry Mixture
To achieve the perfect strawberry flavor in this No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheesecake, you need to prepare a sweet strawberry sauce. Here’s how I do it:
First, I rinse and hull fresh strawberries. Then, I puree them in a blender until smooth.
Next, I transfer the fresh strawberry puree into a medium saucepan and add sugar and water. I cook the mixture over medium heat until the sauce thickens, which takes around 10-15 minutes.
To make the sauce even smoother, I strain it to remove any seeds or lumps. This step is optional, but it gives the cheesecake a more refined texture.
To thicken the sauce even further and give it a jam-like consistency, I add corn starch. I mix it well with the strawberry mixture and continue cooking over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken and bubble.
Finally, I remove the saucepan from the heat and set it aside to cool to room temperature. This sweet strawberry sauce will add a burst of flavor and color to my No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheesecake.
Step 3 – Making the Creamy Cheesecake Filling
To make the creamy cheesecake filling, I start by ensuring that the cream cheese is at room temperature. This allows it to mix smoothly and easily with the other ingredients. I usually take it out of the fridge a few hours before I start making the cheesecake.
Next, I mix the cream cheese with some sour cream and lemon juice. The sour cream adds a tangy flavor to the cheesecake, while the lemon juice provides a subtle zing that balances out the sweetness of the strawberries.
Once the cream cheese mixture is smooth, I fold in some whipped cream that has been whipped to stiff peaks. This gives the cheesecake its light and airy texture. I also add some heavy cream to the mixture to make it even creamier.
For the full-fat version of this recipe, I use regular cream cheese and heavy cream. However, if you are looking for a lighter version, you can use low-fat cream cheese and whipped cream instead.
Once all the ingredients are combined, I have a creamy filling that is ready to be poured into the crust. The cheesecake batter is then chilled in the fridge until it sets and is ready to be topped with fresh strawberries.
Step 4 – Assembling the Strawberry Cream Cheesecake
Now that all the components are ready, it’s time to assemble the no-bake strawberry cream cheesecake.
1. Prepare the springform pan by lining it with plastic wrap. This will make it easier to remove the cheesecake later on.
2. Place the prepared crust into the bottom of the pan and the sides and press it down firmly using the back of a spoon.
3. Divide the cheesecake filling into 4 separate small mixing bowls and pour strawberry mixture to every bowl to create different shades of pink. If you wish to get more bright pink color, consider adding 1-2 drops of food coloring.
4. Spoon the lightest color of cheesecake into the crust and smooth evenly. Place into the freezer for 20 minutes
5. Take the next darker shade of pink cheesecake batter and spread on top of the first layer. Place back into the freezer for another 20 minutes
6. Continue with adding the last two shades of pink to the cheesecake. Making sure that the darker shade is on top.
7. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. This will give the cheesecake enough time to set and become firm.
8. Once the cheesecake has set, remove it from the refrigerator and carefully remove the plastic wrap from the top of the cheesecake.
9. If desired, you can garnish the top of the cheesecake with fresh strawberries or whipped cream before serving.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
When it comes to storing No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheesecake, it’s important to keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help keep the cheesecake fresh and prevent it from absorbing any unwanted flavors from other foods in the fridge. If stored properly, the cheesecake can last for up to a week.
When it’s time to serve the cheesecake, I recommend letting it sit at room temperature for about half an hour before slicing and serving. This will allow the cheesecake to soften slightly and make it easier to cut.
To make this delicious dessert even more irresistible, I like to top it with a dollop of Cool Whip and some fresh berries. This adds a nice pop of color and flavor to the cheesecake.
Overall, No Bake Strawberry Cream Cheesecake is the perfect dessert for any occasion. It’s easy to make, requires no baking, and can be stored and served with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a no-bake strawberry cream cheesecake without gelatin?
If you prefer not to use gelatin in your cheesecake recipe, you can substitute it with other thickeners such as cornstarch or arrowroot powder. To do this, simply mix the cornstarch or arrowroot powder with a small amount of water to create a slurry. Then, add the slurry to the strawberry puree mixture and heat it up until it thickens. Let it cool before adding it to the cream cheese mixture.
Can I use condensed milk in a no-bake strawberry cream cheesecake recipe?
Yes, you can use condensed milk in your no-bake strawberry cream cheesecake recipe. Condensed milk is a great substitute for sugar and it also helps to give the cheesecake a smooth and creamy texture. To use condensed milk, simply replace the sugar in the recipe with condensed milk and adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe accordingly.
How can I thicken the filling of a no-bake strawberry cream cheesecake?
There are several ways to thicken the filling of a no-bake strawberry cream cheesecake. One way is to use a higher ratio of cream cheese to liquid ingredients. Another way is to add a thickener such as gelatin, cornstarch, or arrowroot powder to the filling mixture. You can also try chilling the cheesecake in the refrigerator for a longer period of time to allow it to set and thicken.
What are some easy no bake cheesecake recipes?
You’ll find some the best no bake cheesecake recipes in the post I have put together with over 40 recipes, such as Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake, Oreo No-Bake Cheesecake, Lemon No-Bake Cheesecake, Chocolate No-Bake Cheesecake, Peanut Butter No-Bake Cheesecake, Salted Caramel No-Bake Cheesecake.