Easy, healthy and delicious dinner, Pan Seared Shrimp in Tomato, Basil and Feta Sauce ready in just 20 minutes!
Well, it has been quite sometime since I’ve done a shrimp recipe. The last one was back in April last year, Chipotle shrimp tostadas, which turned out amazingly good. Everything with chipotle turns out just perfect!
For today, I have a super simple pan seared shrimp recipe! Dinner ready in just 20 minutes, not kidding 🙂 It is so good, healthy and so easy to make. The full flavored tomato sauce with fresh basil and feta cheese will get the best of you. I dare you to forget about carbs for just a couple of minutes and enjoy this amazing sauce with some fresh baguette!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I’ll receive a small percentage of any sales made through them. Read more
I love to cook with shrimp, especially if I am planning a quick dinner. Shrimp cooks so quickly and makes it so easy to add it to any meal of the day. The original recipe used shrimp with tails on but have decided to remove those too. I just hate to worry about tails when we are talking about shrimp in sauce. I just want to enjoy it completely 🙂
Just, don’t forget to remove the vein from the shrimp before adding them to the pan. Or even better, buy already deveined, if you have this option available.
Some of the ingredients and I have used to make this Pan Seared Shrimp in Tomato, Basil and Feta Saucer recipe:
- Tomato Passata Puree– I use tomato passata a lot in my recipes. I prefer this one to tomato paste because it has more flavor.
- Olive Oil – live and breathe extra virgin olive oil 🙂
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek white part only, chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lb./ 1kg large green shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed too
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
- fresh basil leaves
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add chopped onion, garlic and leek and sauté, stirring occasionally, for almost 4-5 minutes until soft. Add shrimp to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add white wine, increase the heat to medium high and bring to boil. Add tomato passata to the pan, a bit of water and cook, covered, for another 2-3 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Remove from heat, add crumbled feta and fresh basil.
- Serve with fresh bread/ baguette.