There are cheesecakes, there are good cheesecakes and there are those cheesecakes that you will always crave for…the best ones! Pistachio Lime Cheesecake is my favorite! You can tell I had a crush on pistachio this week 🙂 This cheesecake complements just perfectly the second Thanksgiving menu I have made this week -Barbecued Turkey Breast with Cranberry Orange Sauce.
Cheesecakes are so easy to make and this recipe fits into my “easy and quick to make” category. In 1 hour, you’ll have it ready to be chilled (prep included). It is looking fabulous (no cracks, I hate cracks) and is smooth, creamy, melting in your mouth…just what an amazing cheesecake should be!
However, I will share with you some tips that will make your life easier and will spare you of any unpleasant surprises:
- Your cheese cream should be at room temperature when beating it. Make sure when mixing that the cheese cream mixture is smooth and creamy and there are nu lumps
- When you add the eggs, don’t over beat them, this will possibly crack the top
- Bake it slowly and when you finish baking it, let it cool slowly in the oven, with the door slightly opened before removing it completely
- Let your cheesecake chill overnight. I know there are recipes out there saying you can chill it just for few hours but the longer it chills, the better. Will make your cheesecake creamy and dense.
- When slicing it, dip your knife in warm water and repeat it for every slice. You’ll be able to slice it very quickly, no sticking and no mess.
Hope you’ll enjoy it!
- 1 and 1/4 cups finely crushed animal crackers
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 pkg. 8 oz each cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup pistachios finely chopped
- sweetened whipped cream
- additional chopped pistachios and animal cracker crumbs
Place a greased 9-in springform pan on a double thickness of heavy duty aluminum foil to securely wrap it around the pan, preventing water to come in when baking it in boiling water.
Preheat the oven at 325F/ 160C.
In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar, stir in the butter too. Press the mixture onto the bottom of prepared pan and place it in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool it on side.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Check for lumps. Beat in the condensed milk, lime juice. Add eggs and continue beating on low speed just until combined. Fold in pistachios. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan, add 1 inch of boiling water to the larger pan. Bake for 40 minutes or just until center is set and top appears dull. Allow cooling it in the oven for 1 hour having the oven doors slightly opened. Refrigerate overnight.
Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with whipped cream and sprinkle with pistachios and cracker crumbs.