Easy Pumpkin Mini Bundt Cakes made from scratch, drizzled with homemade apple cider sauce! They are incredibly fluffy and moist and full of warm fall spices with hints of pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla. Perfect fall mini bundt cake recipe for the holidays and easy enough to make without having to use a cake mix box.
Fall is synonymous with everything pumpkin! More pumpkin dessert recipes not to miss include moist pumpkin bread with chocolate chips, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin and pear bundt cake, or creamy pumpkin flan!
I always have my daughter pick a favorite fall dessert recipe just before starting school and for the second time in a row, she chose Pumpkin Mini Bundt Cakes. I was secretly hoping that she will choose my favorite pumpkin bundt cake recipe this time, but at least we tried a new glaze on top of the mini cakes: homemade Apple Cider Sauce…..absolutely to die for! Licked the pan till nothing was left behind 🙂
This simple, homemade Pumpkin Mini Bundt Cakes are bursting with pumpkin spice flavor and so easy to make from scratch!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN MINI BUNDT CAKES
- Add all dry ingredients, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk to the bowl of your electric mixer and beat on low speed until just combined (to prevent air bubbles) then increase speed to medium and beat for 1 more minute, scraping down the sides of your bowl as you mix.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared mini bundt pans (about two-thirds full) and bake at 350F/ 180C for 15-20 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool pumpkin mini bundt cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes before removing the pans to cool completely.
How easy is that?! Now it’s time for the best Apple Cider Sauce 🙂
TIPS FOR PUMPKIN MINI BUNDT CAKES
- Use Pumpkin Puree. Just be careful and buy pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling because although you may find them next to each other on the shelves, they are not the same thing. Pumpkin puree is simple cooked and pureed pumpkin without any added sugar or spices. Pumpkin Pie filling is already sweetened and seasoned with spices.
- Even nonstick coated mini bundt pans need to be well greased. I usually just spray them with some oil and they are good to go. It really helps removing the cakes from the pans without ruining them.
- Oh! Just one more thing. These Pumpkin Mini Bundt Cakes require a little bit more sugar added to the recipe (1 more tablespoon) if you are planning to make and serve them without the Apple Cider Sauce. Combined the sugar level is just perfect, but without the sauce the balance is not quite there.
These pumpkin mini bundt cakes are super moist because they are made with one whole can of pumpkin puree! and not that much flour 🙂
Honesty, they are so good, such a great way to celebrate pumpkin! The Pumpkin Mini Bundt Cakes are so moist and airy, just melting in your mouth. You can really taste the pumpkin in them, despite adding some cinnamon and nutmeg to the mixture.
HOW TO STORE PUMPKIN MINI BUNDT CAKES
Leftover mini cakes should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Remember to bring them to room temperature before serving!
HOW TO FREEZE PUMPKIN MINI BUNDT CAKES
- Cool mini cakes completely.
- Freeze Pumpkin mini bundt cakes in their pans for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Remove cakes from their pans and wrap each pumpkin mini cake individually in plastic wrap then place all cakes in a freezer safe container or a freezer bag, taking care to remove excess air.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
LOOKING FOR MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15oz/ 425g) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
Apple Cider Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple cider
Pumpkin Mini Bundt Cakes
- Preheat your oven to 350F/ 180C and prepare mini bundt pans spraying with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and vegetable oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla exprect, pumpkin puree and milk. Using a hand mixer beat on low speed until just combined (to prevent air bubbles) then increase speed to medium and beat for 1 more minute, scraping down the sides of your bowl as you mix.
- Divide the cake batter into prepared mini bundt pans and bake for 15-20 minutes. Take them out of the oven and set them aside to slightly cool down before remving the pans.
Apple Cider Sauce
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan. When melted, add the flour and stir until combined and then add the sugar to the mixture. Slowly add the cider and vanilla, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- The sauce begins to thicken after a minute or two. Take it off the heat when you have the desired consistency.
- To serve them, drizzle the pumpkin mini bundt cakes with this sauce and serve immediately.
1. Use Pumpkin Puree, not pumpkin pie filling because they are not the same thing. Pumpkin puree is simple cooked and pureed pumpkin without any added sugar or spices. Pumpkin Pie filling is already sweetened and seasoned with spices.
2. Even nonstick coated mini bundt pans need to be well greased. I usually just spray them with some oil and they are good to go. It really helps removing the cakes from the pans without ruining them.
3. These Pumpkin Mini Bundt Cakes require a little bit more sugar added to the recipe (1 more tablespoon) if you are planning to serve them without the Apple Cider Sauce. Combined the sugar level is just perfect, but without the sauce the balance is not quite there.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
LOOKING FOR MORE FALL DESSERT RECIPES?