Perfect weeknight meal Quick Thai-Style Chicken Broccolini Stir Fry! So easy to make and it takes 20 minutes from start to finish!
If you love Thai food, I am pretty sure this Thai-style chicken and broccolini recipe is going to be a new favorite in your home too.
I am crazy about Thai food and have tried so many delicious recipes at home in time. I remember when I started cooking Thai at home (I could buy Thai take-away every night of the week 🙂 ) it was so tricky to get the balance of spiciness, saltiness, sourness and sweetness just right.
After reading a lot about Thai food, I leant that the secret is to taste as often as you can and adjust the taste as you are cooking.
I am always looking for a quick dinner recipe to save my day midway through the week.
This week, I made this quick Thai-Style Chicken Broccolini Stir Fry! Served with some steamed rice, it was just the perfect dinner recipe! You can serve with noodles, if preferred.
So easy and ready in just 20 minutes!
Almost every Thai recipe starts with a paste made from shallots, garlic and red chilies (or green ones) and this recipe is no different. Then you start adding ginger and lemongrass, small quantities of fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar (if you don’t have it, use brown sugar) and pay close attention to how the flavors change as you add each ingredient. Don’t forget to taste after adding them to the dish!! The whole secret stays in balancing the flavors perfectly…not too sweet, not too salty, not too spicy 🙂
For this recipe, I have used broccolini. Broccolini is a hybrid of broccoli and Chinese broccoli/kale and I love its sweeter taste. Everyone in our family loves and prefers broccolini over the traditional broccoli. If you haven’t tried it yet, give it a go!
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 2-4 red chili, finely chopped
- 1 lb /500g ground chicken/ chicken mince
- 1 bunch chop sum, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 bunches fresh broccolini, ends cut
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, garlic, lemongrass, ginger and chili and stir-fry for a couple of minutes. Add chicken mince and cook stirring often for 3 minutes or until mince is halfway cooked through. Add chopped chop sum and fish sauce and cook for another 2 mins or until the meat is cooked through. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring some water to boil in a medium saucepan and cook broccolini for a couple of minutes until bright green and tender crisp. Drain well and arrange on a serving plate.
- Add mince mixture and sprinkle some sliced spring onions on top. Serve immediately with some steamed rice or noodles
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g