These healthy Cacao Chia Energy Balls are great as a regular snack, healthy sweet treat or post-workout energy booster! You only need 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to have these raw energy balls ready be served!
Raw Cacao Chia Seeds Balls Recipe
Raw energy balls are one of my favorite snacks! Why?
- They are sweet, first of all, without having to worry about refined sugar. You just grab a couple of these and satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
- They are healthy, loaded with “super foods” to make them extra nutritious!
- They are quite perfect when it comes to various diets: vegan, kept dairy-free, paleo and gluten free too.
I absolutely love these cacao balls!
Ingredients to make Cacao Energy Balls
You only need 4 ingredients to make these no bake energy balls:
- chia seeds,
- raw almonds and
- cacao powder.
In less than 10 minutes you’ll have these raw cacao balls ready to be devoured.
CAN I CHANGE INGREDIENTS FOR CACAO CHIA BALLS?
Of course you can! You can substitute some of the ingredients with some other preferred ones. For example, you can substitute raw almonds with cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts or even pecans.
Even more, if you don’t want cacao energy balls, you can leave out the cocoa powder altogether and add berries or other fruits. Another favorite healthy snack recipe of mine are these Blackberry Coconut Bliss Balls
HOW TO MAKE CACAO CHIA BALLS?
Probably one of the easiest recipes you’ll find!
- You just add ingredients into a food processor and pulse to combine.
- If your mixture is quite dried (an happen if your dates are quite dry) and does not stick together, add 1 teaspoon of water at a time while processing the ingredients.
- Once the mixture becomes sticky, form balls and roll them in chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
Once the cacao chia balls have been rolled into balls, they will not stick to your hands and you can leave them uncoated (f that’s how you prefer them) Alternatively, you can coat them with chia seeds or even coconut flakes or with freeze-dried fruit powder.
My dates were quite dried, so I had to add some water too, as you can see in my video!
You will also notice that my raw cacao balls are rolled in white chia seeds 🙂
I am trying to make them looking like having sesame seeds, as my daughter really likes sesame seeds and I am hoping she will give them a try this way 🙂
More Raw Desserts Recipes for you to try!
- 8.5 oz Dates
- 3 oz Chia Seeds
- 2 oz Raw Almonds
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- Add the nuts in to the food processor and pulse until they are coarsely chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in to the processor and mix on low speed for about 2 minutes (stop to scrape down sides if needed) until the ingredients come together to form a "dough".
- If needed you can add a little water, a teaspoon at a time to get a dough like consistency. (See notes)
- Turn out the sticky "dough" in to a bowl.
- Roll the "dough" in to small balls.
- You can re-roll these in cacao powder if you like.
- Store in an airtight container, in the fridge.
The ingredients need to be processed for at least 2 minutes. It will be a dry mix at first but will slowly start to stick together to form a dough. You can check it by taking a little of the mix in to your hand and squeezing it. If it holds or sticks together then it's ready. If it is already finely chopped but not holding together - add a little water while processing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 251Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 10gSugar 26gProtein 6g