Grape and Blue Cheese Crostini Recipe
Grapes. Red Grapes, in particular. Those small purple sweet pearls, as my daughter was calling them when she was small 🙂 Delicious fruits. Seddless, if possible. We all love our red grapes here.
Best thing about these Grape and Blue Cheese crostini, apart from their delicious taste, is that you can make them in just minutes and enjoy them on a lazy afternoon or serve them as appetizers if you are hosting a party. It will be a big hit and people will just rave about them. They are just amazing!!
Depending on your taste preference, you can always adjust how much blue cheese you add in the cheese spread I would recommend starting with one tablespoon and adding more if desired. I absolutely adore blue cheese and I really like to savor the salty taste of it so I added 4 tablespoons to my cheese spread.
The sweetness of the pan roasted grapes balances perfectly the saltiness of the cheese spread and the fresh mint leaves could be not just for styling :)!
- 1 and 1/2 cup sweet red seedless grapes halved
- 3 tbsp Sherry cooking wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp blue cheese Roquefort, crumbled
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 slices toasted bread
- Put the grapes, cooking wine and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Cook until the sauce becomes slightly thick. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together the blue cheese and cream cheese until smooth.
- Toast the slices of bread and set them aside to cool off, the distribute the blue cheese mixture on top of each slice of bread, and then top each with the grapes.