This Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe, so easy to make and will be ready in less than 30 minutes!
Easy Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto Recipe
Risotto is one of those hit or miss dishes. Garlic Prawn Risotto is one of the best risotto recipes I’ve made!
When done right, it rocks your world, rich and creamy without being heavy. But it’s not always done right. In fact it’s pretty easy to get an average risotto or even ruin it.
What rice to use for Risotto?
A good, creamy Risotto calls for risotto rice, most known as Arborio rice and can be found in most shops.It contains more starch than other types of rice and will make your risotto creamy without having to add cream.
How to make creamy prawn risotto?
It is not that difficult if you follow a couple of important steps. The most important, when cooking a risotto is stock addition.
The secret is to keep the stock hot so when you add it to the pan, it continues to boil and to add small amounts at a time, stirring through the cooking process because the creaminess of the risotto comes from the released starch.
This recipe it’s one of our favorite dishes and my daughter could have it everyday 🙂 The addition of the garlic prawns makes it perfect.
Can you make risotto in advance?
Great news! Yes, you can make Risotto in advance, using the pre-cooking (or par-cooking as it’s also called) method where you partially cook the risotto so that it can be finished later. If you try to make risotto ahead and then reheat it, it will be overcooked and mushy.
- You partially cook the risotto as per recipe instructions, about halfway done, using only 3 cups of stock (broth) for pre cooking and saving the last 1 cup when you finish the risotto.
- Remove the precooked risotto from the pan and spread it out as thin as possible on a large baking sheet lined up with some baking paper to stop cooking and cool down.
- Cover the rice with foil and set it aside at room temperature for up to two hours or refrigerate till ready to finish it.
- When the time comes to serve the risotto, return it to the pot and resume adding the remaining 1 cup of hot stock (broth). Stir until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente and creamy.
MORE EASY SEAFOOD RECIPES!
- One Pan Shrimp and Orzo Pasta Recipe
- Shrimp and Corn Tostadas
- Quick shrimp in tomato sauce recipe
- Easy Scallop Recipe
Avoid searching for this Prawn Risotto recipe, save it now! Pin it here:
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 litre/4 cups seafood stock (broth)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb/ 500g raw prawn/ green shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tablespoon paprika
- salt, pepper
- In a medium saucepan heat the stock to simmer, then reduce the heat so the stock stays hot through the whole time.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. When the butter has melted add the spring onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add the rice and stir until coated with the oil and butter. Sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the white wine and cook while stirring until the liquid is fully absorbed. Add the stock, about a cup at a time, stirring until absorbed adding more when the rice appears almost dry. Continue adding stock and cooking it for 20 minutes or until the grains are tender but still firm to the bite, without being crunchy. Stir in 1tablespoon butter and the Parmesan cheese and season with salt pepper.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining 1tablespoon olive oil and sauté for a couple of seconds minced garlic. Add the raw prawns and cooked them 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the risotto adding the garlic prawns on top, with a sprinkle of paprika.
1 Litre of seafood stock equals 4.5 cups (US cups) and 4 cups (Australian cups)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 563 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 411mg Sodium: 2244mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 55g
Peri Peri Chicken Thighs Recipe
One Pan Shrimp and Basil Orzo/ Risoni Pasta
Easy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Mushroom and Asparagus Tacos with Guacamole and Sriracha Sauce
Traditional Romanian Cabbage Rolls (Sarmale) Recipe
Brazilian shrimp stuffed pumpkin (Camarão na Moranga)
How to make Portuguese Scallops