Hello everyone!! We are finally back home after 3 beautiful, but very cold, weeks in Canada. OMG! It is soooo cold in Canada during this time of the year. Cannot describe how it feels -40C..yes! we had this shocking temperature one morning in Ottawa..I was just frozen, I though my face will break into pieces. But, apart from the cold, I just love Canada! I absolutely adore it during the summer 🙂
Now, back to my recipe (…it has been a while since I haven’t posted one) I made Roasted Chicken with oranges, olives and parsley.
There is nothing better than a citrus roasted chicken on a sunny, cold winter day. It just warms up my day and reminds me that winter won’t last forever 🙂 Not to mention how crazy simple and easy is to make it and totally delicious. In less than 1 hour, you’ll have this homemade dinner ready to be served and will cost you under $15.
I served the roasted chicken with oranges, olives and parsley with sweet potato chips, but you cn choose mash potatoes, or even rice. A big old pitcher with Sangria would go perfectly with it…Hmm, why didn’t I think of it earlier?
Hope you’ll enjoy it!
Looking for more Roasted Chicken Recipes? Try these:
- Best Crispy Roasted Chicken Thighs (Skin-on)
- Juicy Roasted Chicken Thighs with Pumpkin
- Crispy Peri Peri Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Herb Roasted Chicken
- 2 large chickens, butterflied
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oranges
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Line 2 large baking pans with baking paper.
- Cut oranges, in halves and then each half into 3 or 4 thin wedges. Squeeze juice from one orange half and set aside.
- Place chickens, skin-side up, in 1 pan with orange wedges and juice, oregano, kalamata olives, tomato, garlic, thyme, wine and olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice peeled sweet potatoes, then arrange in second pan. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Roast chickens for 40 minutes and allow chips to roast for 25-30 minutes, turning them once, or until both are golden and cooked through.
- Quarter chickens and divide among plates. Scatter with parsley and spoon over any pan juices. Serve with sweet potato chips.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g