Indulge your sweet tooth with the ultimate dessert recipe: the gooey skillet brownie! Perfectly moist, fudgy and chocolatey, this dessert is a crowd-pleaser that will leave you craving more. Made in one skillet (6.5 inch Cast Iron Skillet) and ready to devour in just 30 minutes, this easy-to-follow recipe is a must-try for any chocolate lover out there. Exactly like the Chili’s brownie skillet! So grab your apron and let’s get baking!
Few desserts are as indulgent and easy to make as skillet brownies. This recipe combines the ease of a boxed brownie mix with the deliciousness of a homemade brownie filled with chocolate chunks, all baked in a single skillet.
So if you’re craving a fudgy brownie, this easy recipe is for you! You can even top it with ice cream and chopped nuts for an extra special treat.
Ingredients for stovetop brownies
- Unsalted butter. Melted.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Granulated sugar. White sugar.
- Vanilla extract. You can also use vanilla essence.
- Egg. Best at room temperature.
- Flour. Best when sifted.
- Cocoa powder. Unsweetened.
- Baking soda.
- Pecans. Chopped.
- Vanilla ice cream. A big scoop for serving.
How to make brownies in a cast iron skillet?
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a pot or saucepan, melt the butter until simmering.
3. In a medium bowl filled with the chocolate chips, add the melted butter on top.
4. Whisk together until the chocolate chips have completely melted and you have a smooth mixture.
5. Add in the white sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and combine.
6. In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs together until slightly frothy.
7. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and combine. At this point, the batter should be shiny
8. Pour the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into the batter and fold together.
9. Add in the chopped pecans and fold until distributed.
10. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared skillet, filling a little more than halfway.
11. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
12. When out of the oven, let cool for only 5 minutes, then place a scoop of ice cream on top.
13. Garnish with extra pecans and drizzled chocolate syrup. Enjoy while still warm!
Substitutions and variations
- You can use brown sugar instead of white sugar for a richer flavor.
- Add in some extra milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or even white chocolate chips to the batter for extra chocolatey brownies.
- For a gluten-free version, substitute the flour for a gluten-free all purpose flour blend, or alomnd flour
- Use a different type of nut instead of pecans, such as walnuts or almonds.
- Try adding a layer of salted caramel sauce or peanut butter on top of the brownie after baking for the ultimate brownie experience.
- For a dairy-free version, use vegan butter and chocolate chips.
- You can also bake this recipe in a 9×9 inch baking pan if you don’t have a skillet. Just line the pan with parchment paper, so the brownies don’t stick.
What if I don’t have a skillet?
This classic brownie recipe can be baked in your pan (or pans) of choice, including a regular baking pan (8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan) lined with parchment paper, a regular large sized muffin pan, or even in smaller ramekins….endless options
How to serve brownies in a pan?
The best way to serve brownies in a pan is to let them cool for about 10 minutes. Then, cut them into squares and enjoy! If you want to get really fancy, you can garnish with a scoop of ice cream, some whipped cream, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Can I bake brownies in a glass pan?
Yes, you can bake brownies in a glass pan. However, you may need to adjust the baking time since glass conducts heat differently than metal. Start by baking the brownies for 5 minutes less than the recipe calls for, and then check on them. If they’re not done, bake for an additional 5 minutes.
How to store cast iron brownies?
To store brownies in a cast iron skillet, simply place them in an airtight container or wrap them with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and keep them at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Try this easy skillet brownie tonight!
This easy skillet brownie recipe is perfect for chocolate lovers. The fudgy brownies are packed with chocolate flavor and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
You can serve them in a pan or get fancy and garnish them with chocolate syrup and chopped nuts. They can also be gluten-free if you use a gluten-free flour blend.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this easy skillet brownie recipe tonight!