I recently discovered a great recipe for Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin that has become a favorite for holiday meals. The combination of sweet and tangy cranberry sauce with savory pork makes for a delicious and festive dish that is perfect for Christmas dinner or any special occasion.
To prepare Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin, I recommend using a slow cooker as it makes the cooking process easy and convenient. This recipe is perfect for busy days when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen. The cooking process is simple and straightforward, and the end result is a delicious and tender pork loin.
Whether you’re hosting a holiday meal or just looking for a delicious and easy slow cooker recipe, Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin is definitely worth trying. It’s a crowd-pleaser that is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection.
- 4-5 pound pork loin
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup French dressing
- 1 (14 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- Dried cranberry and parsley for garnish
How to Make Slow Cooked Pork Loin
To begin, mix the cranberry sauce, French dressing and onion soup mix in a small bowl until combined. Stir these ingredients until mixed.
For a citrusy twist, I sometimes add a bit of orange sauce to the mixture. It gives the dish a bright and zesty flavor that complements the sweetness of the cranberry sauce.
To begin, I rub the pork loin with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper. Then, I place the pork loin in the slow cooker and pour the cranberry sauce mixture over the top. I make sure to spread the mixture evenly over the top of the meat.
Next, I set the slow cooker to medium heat and cook the pork loin for 6 hours. If you’re short on time, you can also cook it on medium-high heat for 4 hours. The slow cooking process allows the pork loin to become tender and juicy, while the cranberry sauce adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the meat.
Once done, remove the pork loin from the slow cooker and place it on a platter. Cover it with foil to keep it warm.
Finally, measure 2 cups of liquid from the slow cooker and pour it into a saucepan. Bring the liquid to a boil and let it simmer until it thickens into a sauce. Drizzle the sauce over the pork loin before serving.
If you prefer to use a pressure cooker, you can also make this recipe in a pressure cooker. Simply follow the same steps as above, but cook the pork loin on high pressure for 60-70 minutes.
Overall, Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin is an easy and flavorful recipe that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, this recipe is sure to impress.
When it comes to serving Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Green Beans: Green beans are a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin. You can steam them, sauté them, or even roast them with a little garlic and olive oil.
- Main Dish: Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin is a hearty main dish that can stand on its own. Serve it with a side of mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
- Sunday Dinner: Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin is a great addition to any Sunday dinner. It’s easy to prepare and can be left to cook while you enjoy your day.
- Holiday Table: Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin is the perfect holiday dinner. It’s festive, flavorful, and easy to prepare. Serve it with your favorite holiday sides for a meal that everyone will love.
No matter how you choose to serve it, Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin is sure to be a hit. Its tender, juicy meat and sweet, tangy sauce make it a crowd-pleaser that will have everyone asking for seconds.
Leftovers and Storage
When it comes to leftovers, Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin is just as delicious the next day. I usually store any leftover pork in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you’re looking for ways to use up the leftovers, try making a sandwich with the pork and some crusty bread. You could also chop up the pork and use it as a topping for a salad.
When it comes to storing the pork in the freezer, I recommend placing it in a freezer bag and labeling it with the date. It will keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Next time you make this recipe, consider doubling the ingredients so you can have even more leftovers to enjoy. It’s one of my favorite recipes to make in the slow cooker, and I always look forward to having it again the next day.
Overall, Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin is a great recipe to make ahead of time and store for later. With proper storage, you can enjoy this delicious meal for days to come.
Additional Tips for Best Results
When it comes to making Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin, there are a few tips that can help you achieve the best results possible. Here are some of my top tips for cooking this delicious fall dish:
- Choose the right cut of pork: While pork loin is the most popular cut of meat for this dish, you can also use pork shoulder or pork tenderloin. Keep in mind that different cuts of meat will require different cooking times, so adjust accordingly.
- Brown the meat first: For extra flavor and texture, consider browning the pork loin in a skillet before adding it to the slow cooker. This will help create a crispy outer layer that contrasts nicely with the tender meat.
- Add a little liquid: While the cranberry sauce will provide some liquid, you may want to add a little extra to prevent the pork loin from drying out. Chicken broth, apple cider, or even beer can all work well.
- Cook on low for best results: While you can cook this dish on high, I recommend cooking it on low for 6-8 hours for the best results. This will allow the flavors to fully develop and the meat to become incredibly tender.
- Experiment with flavors: While cranberry is the star of this dish, you can also experiment with other fall flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Consider adding these spices to the cranberry sauce for an extra burst of flavor.
By following these tips, you can create a delicious and flavorful Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin that is perfect for fall. Experiment with different cuts of meat and flavors to find your favorite variation of this classic dish.
In conclusion, the Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin recipe is a delicious and easy dinner option for busy weeknights or holiday seasons. The combination of sweet cranberry sauce and savory pork creates a flavor profile that is sure to become a favorite dinner in any household.
One of the best parts of this recipe is how easy it is to prepare. Simply mix together the cranberry sauce and onion soup mix, pour it over the pork loin in the slow cooker, and let it cook for a few hours. This makes it a great dinner option for those who are short on time but still want a delicious meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some variations of slow cooker pork with cranberry sauce?
There are many variations of slow cooker pork with cranberry sauce. Some popular ones include adding ginger, garlic, or orange zest to the sauce for added flavor. You can also experiment with different types of pork, such as pork chops or tenderloin, and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Additionally, you can try using different types of cranberry sauce, such as whole berry or jellied, to see which you prefer.
What are some tips for cooking a pork roast with cranberries?
When cooking a pork roast with cranberries, it is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the pork is cooked to the appropriate temperature. You should also sear the pork before placing it in the slow cooker to help seal in the juices. Additionally, you can add other ingredients to the slow cooker, such as onions or carrots, to enhance the flavor of the dish.
What is the best cut of pork for slow cooking?
The best cut of pork for slow cooking is a pork shoulder or pork butt. These cuts are well-marbled and contain a lot of connective tissue, which makes them ideal for slow cooking. They also have a lot of flavor and become very tender when cooked low and slow.
Should liquid be added to a slow cooker when cooking pork?
Yes, it is important to add liquid to a slow cooker when cooking pork. This helps to prevent the pork from drying out and also creates a flavorful sauce. You can use chicken or beef broth, wine, or even water as the liquid.
How can I prevent my slow cooker pork loin from becoming dry?
To prevent your slow cooker pork loin from becoming dry, you should make sure to sear the meat before placing it in the slow cooker. This helps to seal in the juices and keep the meat moist. You can also add liquid to the slow cooker and cook the pork on low heat for a longer period of time to ensure that it is cooked through and tender.