S’mores Chocolate Cakes, irresistible gooey dark chocolate cakes topped with roasted marshmallows! Who can resist them?!
What a crazy game was last night! USA team was definitely better at its game than the Portugal one and they should have won last night’s match….no doubt about it 🙂 Unfortunately those last 30 seconds changed the final result….and we had a draw instead of a total celebration!
This afternoon I will share with you my version of a popular US dessert, S’mores. So, I am making you S’mores Chocolate Cakes!
I had s’mores for the first time last summer and I had fallen in love with this dessert since then. So, every chance I get to have them I gladly grab it! It may sound strange this combination, but what is not to love about oozy gooey dark chocolate cake topped with roasted marshmallows ?!
For those who are not aware what S’mores are (like I was last year :)), these are a traditional campfire dessert, consisting of a roasted marshmallow and a chocolate layer sandwiched between 2 graham crackers.
- 10 oz 280 gr dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp softened, unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp plain all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Grease 6 x (½ cup) ramekins and place them on a baking tray.
- To melt the chocolate, place it in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, gradually add the eggs. Add the flour and beat slowly until well combined. Add the melted chocolate and beat to a smooth mixture.
- Divide the chocolate mixture evenly between the ramekins.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Place the ramekins in the oven and cook for 15–20 minutes. Check the puddings by inserting a skewer: you want them to be gooey in the middle, but cooked at least ½ inch in from the outer edge.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and switch the oven from bake to low broil. Place mini marshmallows on top of the baked lava cakes. Return to oven and broil 2-3 minutes, or just until marshmallows are lightly browned, but watch closely so they don't burn! Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g