This spicy tuna and pomegranate salad is fresh, easy to make and the perfect appetizer!
Yes, we are finally here 🙂 and…nothing better than a long weekend in front of us. Quite cold, but we’ll manage with some spicy food and good red wine.
You know, I cannot stay away from spicy food. Well, neither of us, my daughter included too. So happy she is adding a bit of heat here and there. Just a pinch.
We have some friends coming for dinner over the weekend and I am trying to come up with some really yummy and easy recipes to impress them. Really lucky to have my appetizers nailed down with this spicy tuna and pomegranate salad, thanks to Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna.
I was pleasantly surprised from the moment I have opened the can! Chunky with a firm texture tuna with a fresh taste and a light color, the best quality you could find. I love tuna because it is an easy and delicious healthy way to enhance almost any recipe, adding a variety of nutrients to your diet, including lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals.
This spicy tuna and pomegranate salad recipe is perfect as an appetizer or as an easy, light and healthy lunch! So packed with flavor and quick to make!
You will only need a couple of ingredients to create this healthy and stunning appetizer! Some avocado, as bottom layer, Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna, pomegranate seeds and some pomegranate juice, red chilis and fresh chives. 15 minutes later, your appetizer will be ready to be served and for sure you’ll impress everyone.
I love the flavor of wild caught Albacore! Fresh, delicious, so versatile, high in protein and absolutely perfect as the main ingredient in any meal. Try some more mouth-watering recipes and discover for yourself why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™.
Quick, easy, healthy and stunning!
Have a great weekend! and stay warm!
- 2 x Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna in water, 5 oz/142g each
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red chilies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Open tuna cans and place the chunky tuna pieces in a sieve. Allow to drain for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the pomegranate in half, remove the seeds and place them in a bowl, together with the juice.
- Ina food processor, place avocado flesh with lime juice, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. With the motor running add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and blend. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cover with some plastic wrap to preserve the fresh green color.
- In a bowl, add drained tuna, chili, chives, pomegranate juice (1 tablespoon) and 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To serve, make a bottom layer of avocado puree, smoothing the surface with a knife, pile the tuna salad on top, add some pomegranate seeds and sprinkle some more chopped chives and it's ready!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g