There is nothing better than a bowl full of Thai style beef with noodles on a wintery, cold night. We love Thai food and these Thai style beef noodles are our favorite, quick weeknight meal, especially when we get bored with fried rice. My daughter would be so happy to have noodles every night, if possible 🙂
If you love Thai flavors, I am pretty sure this recipe is going to be a new favorite in your home too.
When I have started cooking Thai at home, I found it so tricky to get the balance of spiciness, saltiness, sourness and sweetness just right. I always ended up with a salty dish. I love how David Thompson, compares mastering the balance of Thai flavors to playing chess.
In time, after watching Duncan’s Thai Kitchen episodes and other Thai cooks, I have discovered that they constantly taste and adjust as they cook. The secret in balancing Thai flavors perfectly is in tasting your dish frequently, adding small quantities of fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar etc and pay close attention to how the flavors change as you add each ingredient.
Hope you’ll enjoy my dish and have a wonderful weekend!
- 2 pounds skirt steak cut into thin long slices
- 1 long red chili, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed, tough outer layers removed, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp peeled, finely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- In a medium bowl, add sliced beef steak, chopped chili, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar. Toss until well combined. Cover and stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat. When hot, add 1 tsp oil and swirl around wok. Cook 1/4 of beef mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining beef, adding more oil. Add spring onion to wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Return all the beef to wok and toss until combined.
- Meanwhile, cook ramen noodles following packet directions. Drain. Divide noodles between bowls. Top with beef and serve.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g