Are you looking for an easy recipe that will impress your guests on special occasions and holiday dinners? Look no further than the Tropical Marshmallow Fruit Salad – the best tropical fruit salad you’ll ever taste!
This creamy fruit salad is perfect for the summer months (no bake recipe) with its refreshing blend of ripe tropical fruits like pineapples, mangoes, and kiwis. And what makes it even more irresistible is its sweet marshmallow topping that’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth craving. Whether you’re hosting a big family gathering or just want to treat yourself to something deliciously fruity, this marshmallow fruit salad is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
When the summer heat is in full swing and you’re looking for a refreshing treat without turning on the oven, easy no-bake desserts come to the rescue. Some of the most popular recipe options that can be whipped up in no time are the banana split fluff salad, strawberry cheesecake salad. The banana split fluff salad combines the classic flavors of a banana split with a fluffy, creamy texture, thanks to whipped topping and marshmallows. The strawberry cheesecake fluff salad is a dreamy combination of fresh strawberries, cream cheese, and whipped cream, resulting in a light and luscious dessert.
This delicious fruit salad is perfect for summer. It is made with simple ingredients, bought from any grocery store: lemon pudding and loaded with canned pineapple and canned mandarin oranges, fresh kiwis, fresh mango, fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, and coconut shreds. It’s creamy tart, and super flavorful from the various fresh fruits.
- instant lemon pudding mix
- pineapple tidbits from can (or chunks) with juice
- Cool Whip (or make your own whipped topping)
- mandarin oranges from can, drained well
- kiwis, peeled and diced
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- fresh blueberries
- shredded coconut
- white mini marshmallows
How to Make Marshmallow Fruit Salad
To make a delicious and refreshing marshmallow salad, follow these simple steps:
1. Begin by gathering a large bowl. Open a can of pineapple tidbits and pour the juice into the bowl, setting aside the pineapple for later use.
2. Next, add the lemon pudding powder to the pineapple juice. Stir well until the pudding thickens, creating a smooth and creamy dressing.
3. Now, it’s time to fold in the Cool Whip using a rubber spatula. Be careful not to whisk or overmix the mixture, as you want to maintain its fluffy consistency.
4. Once the Cool Whip is incorporated, it’s time to add the rest of the ingredients. Include combination of fruits: pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, kiwi, mango, strawberries, blueberries, coconut shreds, and mini marshmallows.
5. Gently mix everything together, ensuring all the fruits and marshmallows are fully coated in the pudding and cream mixture.
6. To allow the flavors to meld and the cream to thicken, refrigerate the salad for approximately 2 hours. This chilling period will enhance the taste and texture of the dish, so it’s even better the next day
7. When you’re ready to serve, give the salad a good stir to ensure the ingredients are evenly distributed. Then, scoop the fluffy fruit salad into bowls and get ready to enjoy a delectable treat!
By following these steps, you’ll create a delightful marshmallow fluff salad that’s sure to impress. The combination of juicy pineapple, tangy mandarin oranges, tropical kiwi and mango, succulent strawberries and blueberries, along with the delightful crunch of coconut shreds and mini marshmallows, all enveloped in the creamy goodness of lemon pudding and Cool Whip, will provide a burst of flavors in every spoonful.
Prepare this fruit salad for your next gathering or simply as a refreshing treat for yourself. It’s an excellent option for picnics, potlucks, or any family gatherings where you want to share a delightful and colorful dessert. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
Here are a few variations of Tropical Marshmallow Fruit Salad that you can try:
- Ambrosia Fruit Salad Recipe: In addition to the fruits mentioned in the original recipe, add banana slices and chunks of fresh pineapple for an extra tropical twist. You can also include a handful of chopped macadamia nuts for added crunch and flavor.
- Creamy Coconut Delight: Enhance the coconut flavor by incorporating coconut cream along with the Cool Whip. You can also sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top of the salad for an extra burst of coconut goodness.
- Tropical Fruit Medley: Replace the Cool Whip with Greek yogurt for a healthier alternative. Mix in a bit of honey or agave syrup to sweeten the yogurt. Add a variety of tropical fruits like mango, papaya, passion fruit, and dragon fruit for a vibrant and tangy flavor profile.
- Cream Cheese Tropical Marshmallow Fruit Salad: For a creamy twist, add softened cream cheese to the mixture. Blend it with the Cool Whip before folding in the rest of the ingredients. This variation adds a tangy richness to the salad and complements the tropical flavors beautifully.
- Hawaiian Fruit Salad: To create a Hawaiian-inspired version, incorporate additional tropical fruits such as diced papaya, guava, or passion fruit. You can also include maraschino cherries and a handful of macadamia nuts for a delightful crunch. This variation captures the essence of the Hawaiian islands and adds an extra tropical flair to the salad. One of my all time family favorite fruit cocktail salad!
- Orange Creamsicle Salad: For a nostalgic and citrusy twist, substitute the lemon pudding powder with orange-flavored pudding powder. The creamy orange flavor combined with the assortment of fruits and marshmallows creates a reminiscent creamsicle taste. This variation is perfect for those who enjoy the classic combination of orange and cream.
Tips for Best Tropical Fruit Salad with Marshmallows
Here are some tips to ensure you make the best Tropical Marshmallow Fruit Salad for your family dinner:
1. Choose ripe and fresh fruits: Opt for ripe and flavorful fruits to get the best tasty tropical fruit salad. Look for fruits that are vibrant in color, fragrant, and firm. Avoid using overripe or mushy fruits, as they will affect the texture and taste of the your salad.
2. Use a variety of tropical fruits: To create an authentic tropical flavor, choose fruits such as pineapple, mango, kiwi, papaya, passion fruit, and mandarin oranges. The combination of different fruits adds flavor to the salad.
3. Drain fruits properly: If you’re using canned fruits, make sure to drain them well to remove any excess juice. This prevents the salad from becoming soggy and helps maintain that creamy consistency. Everyone loves a good creamy salad!
4. Keep the fruit salad chilled: After mixing all the ingredients, refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours, or until thoroughly chilled. Chilling allows the flavors to meld together and the cream to thicken, resulting in a more enjoyable texture and taste.
5. Don’t overmix: When folding in the Cool Whip and other ingredients, be gentle and avoid overmixing. Overmixing can deflate the cream and make the salad lose its fluffy texture. Aim to coat the fruits evenly with the cream mixture while maintaining a light and airy consistency.
6. Add miniature marshmallows just before serving: To preserve their texture, it’s best to add the mini marshmallows to the salad just before serving. This ensures that they stay soft and retain their shape, providing a delightful contrast to the fruit and cream.
7. Garnish with fresh herbs or nuts: For an extra touch of visual appeal and flavor, consider garnishing your Tropical Marshmallow Fruit Salad with fresh mint leaves, toasted coconut flakes, or chopped nuts like almonds or macadamia nuts.
How to store Tropical Fruit Marshmallow Salad
- Refrigerate: After preparing the fruit salad, promptly store any leftovers in the refrigerator. This helps maintain the freshness and safety of the ingredients.
- Use an airtight container: Transfer the fruit salad to an airtight container with a lid. A container with a tight seal helps prevent the salad from absorbing odors from other foods in the fridge and keeps it from drying out.
- Consume within a few days: While the fruit salad can be stored for a few days, it’s best to consume it within 2-3 days for optimal taste and freshness. As time passes, the texture of the fruits may change, and the salad might become watery.
- Give it a stir before serving: Prior to serving any leftover fruit salad, give it a gentle stir to redistribute the juices and coating. This helps ensure a consistent taste and texture throughout the salad.
Looking for an easy recipe that’s sure to impress at any special occasion or holiday dinner? Look no further than the Tropical Marshmallow Fruit Salad! This creamy fruit salad is hands down the best fruit salad made with fresh or canned fruit that you’ll ever taste, with juicy pineapple, tangy mandarin oranges, and sweet mango and strawberries all mixed together in a luscious marshmallow cream.
And because it’s perfect for those hot summer months when you want something light and refreshing, this marshmallow fruit salad is always a crowd-pleaser. So why not wow your friends and family at your next gathering with this deliciously decadent dessert? They’ll be begging you for the recipe before they even finish their first bite!