Easy and healthy dinner, this veggie taco recipe – Mushroom and Asparagus Tacos with Guacamole and Sriracha Sauce is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Missing in action for so long. Too long. I missed my little space. I missed a decent kitchen and the ability to go crazy and try recipes. Changed 3 different continents in between and got my D810 card full of photos. Will share some soon 🙂 I am yet to transfer them to my computer.
I have enjoyed tremendously all your messages and emails. Thank you so much for thinking of me 🙂 I promise not to disappear for such long period of time ever, again!
After tons of steaks and sausages and all those meaty, delicious dishes I have indulged into during these last months, I had to take a step back and see more green in front of my eyes! Veggie taco was exactly what I was dreaming about!
This is a really easy and quick recipe for tacos, the best vegetarian tacos I have tried! Although is a simple recipe, using just a couple of ingredients: asparagus, Shiitake mushrooms, the perfect accompaniment – guacamole and some spicy Sriracha sauce, I bet you will be surprised how delicious these veggie tacos taste!
I typically grill the veggies in a grilled pan for really quick results but by all means goes fantastic grilling outdoors if you have friends/ family over. They are ready so quickly and won’t take that much of your time. Even better, no need for the oven, you can throw the corn tortillas onto the BBQ to warm them up, too )
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb 500g asparagus, stems removed
- 10 oz 300g Shiitake mushrooms (stems removed)
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup guacamole
- Sriracha sauce
- salt and pepper
- fresh chopped coriander, cilantro, lime wedges to serve
- Heat a grilled pan over medium high heat.
- Mix in a cup olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper and brush asparagus and Shiitake mushrooms caps with this mixture.Grill vegetable for almost 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are tender and slightly charred. Remove grill from heat and set aside to cool down a bit before chopping the asparagus and slicing mushrooms.
- Warm up corn tortillas and fill them with grilled vegetables. Add a tablespoon of guacamole on top, chopped coriander and drizzle some Sriracha sauce.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g