Easy, moist chocolate cakes made from scratch, perfect served warm with raspberry coulis.
It is a good thing Thanksgiving happens only once a year 🙂 By the time we get over how much we ate, Christmas is going to be here and we’ll start everything all over again.
I am really looking forward to December, as it is my favorite month of the year.
I have planned so many delicious recipes (especially desserts). I have decided to have some fun and make 12 Days filled with amazing recipes ’till Christmas.
This morning my house smells like a chocolate factory!!!
I am baking warm chocolate cakes with a fresh raspberry coulis for my first day of Christmas Recipes.
This is an all time favorite in our house and these moist, melting in your mouth chocolate beauties are ready in just 35 minutes, preparation and baking included.
How to make mini Chocolate Cakes from scratch?
I like to make these mini chocolate cakes with dark chocolate, but I have tried them with regular, milk chocolate too and they are really great. These cakes are quite rich and the fresh raspberry coulis balances the whole dessert. Something a little bit tart was needed 🙂
The price is really great too, for 12 muffin sized warm chocolate cakes and raspberry coulis, the cost will be under $5. Not bad for a homemade from scratch dessert recipe!
Most of the ingredients you must probably already have in your fridge/ pantry:
- cocoa powder
For the raspberry coulis, I have used just half of the frozen raspberries bag, the other half storing it back in my freezer. I adore raspberries and I am certain they will not last for long in there 🙂
- 1 &1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate finely chopped
- confectioners sugar, for dusting
- extra raspberries, to serve
- 250 g fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp confectioners sugar, sifted
Chocolate Cakes preparation
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C. Spray a 12 holes muffin tin with cooking oil.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs and milk in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add the egg mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Add the finely chopped dark chocolate too, stirring.
- Distribute the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin holes and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool for 5 minutes, in the tin before serving it.
Raspberry Coulis preparation
- Meanwhile, to make raspberry coulis, place raspberries, orange juice and confectioners sugar in a food processor and process until combined. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Set aside.
- To serve, dust the chocolate cakes warm with confectioners sugar (icing sugar), drizzle with coulis and serve with extra raspberries on side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g