This Maple Roasted Pecan Cheese Ball festive appetizer is a show stopper and so easy to make! Creamy with a touch of jalapeño and spring onions, served with pomegranate and some fried shallots…absolutely divine!
Just 2 more sleeps till Christmas! Exciting and hectic in the same time 🙂
Have just finished my grocery shopping! That was an adventure..even at 7.30 am 🙂 I think I’ve got everything under control at this point. Hopefully. Now, I can just relax and finish this gorgeous cheese ball I’ve made yesterday 🙂
For breakfast 🙂 Why not?
Creamy with a touch of jalapeño and covered in maple roasted pecans. Served with pomegranate seeds and some fried shallots…absolutely divine! OMG! Maple roasted pecans are crazzzyy good! Cannot believe I never had them before. I am obsessed now 🙂 I was not sure that I’ll have enough left to make the topping.
This cheese ball is sooo easy to make! I kid you not, ready in under 15 minutes!..and gorgeous…almost to the point of not eating it. Ha! Just kidding, I had half of this cheese ball, immediately after finishing the shots.
You’ll just have to resist the temptation of grabbing a spoon and dive in and allow it chill until you’re ready to serve it up. I absolutely love with the flavor combination that you get with the sharp white cheddar and jalapeño and spring onions! These cute pomegranate seeds are just completing the whole appetizer.
I am sure you will gonna love it! Your guest too 🙂
- Cheese Ball
- 8 oz 225 g sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz 115 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon seeded and chopped fresh jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped spring onion
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple roasted pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- toasted bread slices
- Cheese Ball
- In a food processor, combine the cheeses until smooth. Add chopped jalapeño pepper and spring onion and incorporate them in the mixture. Using your hands, shape the cheese mixture into a large ball, wrap it in foil and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of olive oil. Line a plate with paper towels and set it aside. Dredge the shallots in the flour and shake to remove any excess. Fry the shallots until crisp and lightly golden brown. Drain on the paper towels. Set aside.
- Assembling the cheese ball
- Place the finely chopped pecans on a plate. Remove the cheese ball from the fridge and coat it with pecans.
- Place the cheese ball in the centre of serving plate, garnish with pomegranate seeds, cilantro and fried shallots. Serve with toasted bread/ baguette slices.
This recipe was slightly adjusted from Ricardo magazine, volume 14, 2015
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g